Volunteer Opportunity posted by: Young Nonprofit Professionals Network - San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
Posted on: May 28, 2014
YNPNsfba now recruiting for Board of Directors! YNPNsfba is the premiere network for emerging nonprofit leaders in the Bay Area. We empower nonprofit professionals through professional development, networking events, and social opportunities. Come and be part of guiding the future direction of YNPNsfba! Deadline to apply is June 2nd!
So, what does being a board member actually entail? As a board member, you will be a part of the high level thinking and planning for the organization's future. We are looking for change agents, movers and shakers, and people willing to get their hands a little dirty. We embrace diversity, risk, and emerging and best practices. In the coming years we will grow the local movement, increase value for our constituents, and raise the reputation of emerging leaders across the Bay Area.
As a board member, you will be asked to:
• Serve a three-year board term.
• Attend board meetings every other month.
• Participate in budgeting, strategic planning and other governance for YNPNsfba.
• Represent YNPNsfba at YNPN and partner organization events.
• Make a financial contribution to YNPN that is meaningful to you.
• Help spread the word and the mission of young leaders everywhere!
As a board member, you will:
• Receive professional development through board workshops and activities.
• Learn about organizational planning, fiscal planning, and board governance.
• Meet tons of new folks all over the Bay Area!
To apply, click go to www.ynpnsfba.org/board_recruitment