Volunteer opportunity posted by: Global Potential
Posted on: January 12, 2013
College bound Coordinator internship position
1. Set up at least 4 college trips and visitations throughout the year from each GP city.
2. Research and compile scholarship opportunities into the database and post information on FB on a weekly basis, and include in the bi-weekly bulletin.
3. Contact and work with GP alumni and friends of GP at targeted colleges who are interested in helping to coordinate visit and provide mentorship for interested GP Youth applying to their college.
4. Use the College Prep Google Document to record all meetings, visits, contacts, and outreach.
5. Report to Community Engagement Coordinator.
This is an unpaid internship but you will get lots of free tickets to events, baseball and basketball games, free concerts and free lunch on Fridays.
This is a great opportunity to build your resume and to learn about event planning and public speaking.
No experience is necessary all you need is a positive attitude and be a current college student.
Must be available to commute to our New York City office and work some evenings.
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: until June 2013
Location: New York, NY