Thank you for your interest in helping Brooklyn Bridge to Cambodia, Inc. (BB2C). Your help, no matter what form or capacity, will go far in changing lives. This is an opportunity to experience international development from the beginning stages of our unique innovative engineering projects.
BB2C, a U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, founded in 2007, grew out of our efforts to assist one family in Cambodia. In 2003, Founder Paula Shirk adopted her son, Rudi, from Cambodia. After learning that his birth family was living in crushing poverty, she helped them start a small business in the local market. With the goal of promoting entrepreneurship on a wider scale, BB2C now provides developmental aid to poor Cambodian farmers.
Through our innovative agricultural tools, which include the Rudi Khmer Pump and Eli Rice Seeder, we offer our customers highly profitable and productive business opportunities. Farmers use our water pumps so they can irrigate and diversify their crops, sell the surplus, and have a means to escape poverty. Our new addition to the product line, the Eli Seeder, is a rice planter that does away with backbreaking work carried out by women, which involves bending over all day in rice paddies during the rice planting season. A Oxfam agricultural specialist remarked, "Your rice planter will change the future of rice planting in Cambodia, and beyond". In addition to Cambodia, BB2C is submitting patents in most South East Asian countries.
At the recent Impact Challenge held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, a prestigious social innovators competition, attracting the best social innovators in Asia, BB2C's rice seeder technology came in among the top 10 out of 240 teams. We were not prepared for the overwhelming interest in our product. Our work is now being followed closely by investors, bankers and government officials.
Our Cambodian team is overwhelmed with the exciting marketing roll-out of our pioneering rice seeder. BB2C requires an individual who can support the hardworking and dedicated Cambodian team. You will report directly to the founder. Join us at an exciting time in our young organization's work.
Position Title: International Development Manager
Key Roles and Responsibilities
BB2C is seeking skilled assistance to aid our Cambodian management team in running the day-to-day operations of the Phnom Penh office. Tasks will include:
- Develop and implement distribution strategies and sales activivity plan to increase participation in - and increase earned revenue to support - the organization's programs and projects.
- Build team capacity in rural marketing and sales technique.
- Together with the Country Director build lasting partnerships with NGOs, Government Officials, Farmers Associations, and other stakeholders.
- Work with the Country Director and sales team to market and distribute the irrigation pump and bring the rice seeder to market and pilot new routes to market.
- Ability in facilitating partnerships/networking with other NGOs, public and private institutions.
- Maintaining relationship with NY office through regular communication (e-mail, video conferencing, voice calls) and submitting project updates and/or reports
Financial management and accountability
- Assist in identifying potential funding sources and assist with grant and proposal writing
- Ensuring administrative and financial procedures are effective
- Participating in collaborative efforts with local institutions, NGOs, district/commune/village authorities, agencies, and other stakeholders
- Willingness to travel to project sites in rural communities
- Professional work ethic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Fluent in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and experience with social media (Facebook)
- Experience working in multicultural environments is helpful
- Excellent written communication skills
101 St. #67B E1
Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
20 Sidney Pl Apt 3A
Brooklyn, NY, US 11201-4672
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Full time (30-40 hours/week)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
Extra details:Stipend provided
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome