Volunteer Opportunity posted by: Youth Assisting Youth
Posted on: January 13, 2014
Watch and share our video on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxZETAri1-I)
We have an immediate need for a male volunteer mentors age 22 or over to match with our referred youth by the Keele and Eglinton area..
The candidate MUST be able to commit a minimum one-year mentorship (three hours a week) with this child.
- A sense of patience, understanding and ability to remain consistent.
-Familiarity with child psychology and trust issues.
-The candidate must love animals.
- This is an ideal position (but not limited to) someone studying psychology, education and/or social work.
What You'll Get Out of It:
- Free tickets to mentoring outings, including Blue Jays, Raptors and Leafs Games, as well as various other outings to the ROM, Science Center, our annual picnic, and much more.
- Our friendly and supportive social workers will provide training and ongoing support for the duration of your match.
-Your work as a mentor is unique and gives you valuable social/youth work experience when applying for jobs
- You will have the opportunity to apply for one of three academic scholarships offered by our agency on a yearly basis specifically for our mentors
- Most importantly, you will be making a difference in the life of a vulnerable young person who truly needs it.
The Peer Project | Youth Assisting Youth is an award-winning non-profit charitable organization that provides mentoring and tutoring services for newcomer and at-risk youth 6 - 15 years old.
We can't lose this child. We need your help.
Phone: (416) 932-1919 ext. 258
Fax: (416) 932-1924
Visit our blog at www.thepeerproject.ca
Visit our website at www.yay.org
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please submit your resume to Chuck Okonkwo and but "Keele & Eglinton" in the subject line.