Volunteer Opportunity posted by: Boys & Girls Aid-Oregon
Posted on: November 15, 2013
Boys & Girls Aid
This volunteer position will support the Director of Human Resources in balancing the Agency's Human Resources objectives with the everyday needs of the Department. The Human Resources volunteer will manage specific projects, conduct and present research, and assist with general office duties in the Human Resources Department as needed.
Please note: this is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. In addition, we are looking for volunteers who are not currently attending a college/university.
• Respond to employee questions and requests by email, phone or in person
• Maintain confidentiality and follow policies and procedures in the Agency handbook
• Support the core purpose, core values and management principles of the Agency
• Support the Director of Human Resources in coordinating staff orientations and training programs.
• Perform general office duties, including scheduling, filing, writing and editing correspondence and maintaining the supply of HR and benefits materials.
• Maintain physical employee personnel and benefits files, ensuring they are consistent and accurate.
• File/archive current and terminated employee files
• Assist during New Hire Orientation in ensuring new employees complete necessary paperwork and obtain necessary and required employment information
• Oversee and monitor applicant tracking processes as per the Applicant Process Checklist. Enter applicable data into Applicant flow log
• HR Center: Maintain forms and supplies such as new hire and orientation, benefits, Employee Action Forms, and Employee Information Forms
• Distribute various HR communications
• Assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Human Resources
Minimum skills needed:
• Competent use of Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheet software with a high level of accuracy to create documents
• Must interact courteously and effectively with a diverse range of people on the telephone, by email and in person
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Successful passing of the DHS BCU Criminal Background and/or Fingerprint Checks
• Standing, walking, sitting at a computer, and keyboarding on a frequent basis.
• Able to carry materials and set up displays up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
Training to be provided:
• Will be trained to perform all duties as mentioned above and provided necessary guidance in developing the required skills and abilities to perform these duties.
To apply please submit resume, along with any other application materials to email@example.com, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries and ask that you wait to be contacted by the Agency if follow-up is needed.