To Apply: Year program applications require a resume, a personal statement, two letters of recommendation, and a college/university transcript. Start your application on our website here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now is a crucial time to be a WorldTeach volunteer in Thailand as the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has created an easier process for migration amongst its 11 member nations in the region and made English the official language.
As a volunteer teacher, you will be in northeastern Thailand working with primary or secondary school students, focusing on English language education and mostly in underprivileged, countryside schools. Volunteers give these students a chance to interact with foreigners and be introduced to different cultures. The goal of this program is to give the local students at these schools a chance to compete with students at more privileged schools for a chance at a better future.
- Complete intensive 4 week training program in country
- Teach 20-25 hours per week as a traditional classroom teacher
- Complete required TEFL certification requirements both pre departure and in country (optional)
- Prep all lesson plans and activities for daily teaching duties
- Integrate into your host community by taking part in local events
- Assess and implement after school programs, sport, activities, organizations with local students, teachers, administrators and other educational stakeholders
- Attend mid service and end of service conferences with country director
Native-level English speaker Bachelor's degree holder by departure date Between the ages of 21 and 65 Flexible, mature, and genuinely interested in teaching abroad in a middle or low income country