Volunteer opportunity posted by: Tubman
Posted on: February 28, 2013
The Clothes Closet Coordinator Assistant is responsible for the daily running and operating of Harriet's Closet, a free clothing closet that provides casual and business appropriate attire to women in need at Tubman Center West in Minneapolis.
1. Provide women with a positive personal shopping experience.
2. Assist women with this transitional component of their experience at Tubman.
1. Activities and projects are appropriately planned, scheduled, communicated and implemented to allow the highest level of involvement in and achievement by clients, staff, and volunteers/interns.
2. Resources including people, materials, money, and time are identified, managed efficiently, and shared; findings of insufficient resources are communicated to leadership as discovered.
3. Outcomes progress and success to baseline is regularly monitored and reported; sufficient time and reflection is spent in reviewing, questioning, and identifying patterns and next steps.
1. The agency's Vision, Mission, Goals and Values are promoted and supported through professionalism, including the Tubman Code of Ethics.
2. In addition to achieving basic competency in their position, continued awareness, education and development are achieved in the respective fields of service and in issues of family violence and cultural diversity.
The Clothes Closet Coordinator Intern or Volunteer is supervised by the Sustainability Services Coordinator.
Minimum of 6 hours a week for six months, daytime availability required.
For more information, visit www.tubman.org
Volunteering with Tubman is a unique and rewarding experience. There are several opportunities within our various service areas, and many can be made into internships. For more information, email email@example.com or call 612–767-6680 or go to www.tubman.org.