The Grant Writer is responsible for developing materials related to organizational fundraising. The Grant Writer is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources. This includes researching, compiling, writing and editing grant applications, as well as developing templates to streamline the grant proposal process. The Grants Manager will work at various levels of the organization including the board and other volunteers and partners. Candidate must be able to work independently. They need to be a self-starter who is not afraid to take information and develop a process.
• Manage the Peace Fund's grant planning and writing efforts, including collaborating internally on development of program description and budgeting, and writing and submitting grants on behalf of the organization.
• Works with the board to identify and conduct prospect research on foundations and corporations for potential grant requests of support.
• Develops and prepares proposals and grant applications according to guidelines; complies with all follow-up grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
• Research and develop proposals to foundations, corporations and other major gift prospects, including grant requests, proposal letters, budgets and presentations with the purpose of raising philanthropic support.
• Interfaces with Board of Trustees members, prospects and donors in conjunction with relationship building, proposal development and reporting.
• Acquires and maintains sound knowledge of the organization, and uses that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants.
• Works across the organization to obtain necessary information for proposals/grants and applications.