Do you know what harmful contaminants are in your water? How it gets there? What effect it has on your families and environment? Save the Water™ (STW™) is the one looking for answers.
STW™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water; and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org.
Are you a talented and energetic person? We are seeking a Volunteer Videographer with strong graphic design creativity and front-end web development to work with our creative team at Save the Water.
Associates are expected to put in a minimum of 5 hours per week and be responsive to emails within three (3) calendar days.
- Responsible for capturing digital video with professional framing, color fidelity, lighting and sound production.
- Assists the Project Leader in organizing all material for final videos and for putting together and editing final video.
- Film, produce, edit, and distribute videos on a consistent basis. Videos will range from short 30 second promo spots to 20+ minute long interview-style videos.
- Schedule distribution of content via YouTube.
- Manage the brand on social media accounts by engaging in conversation, answering questions, monitoring and responding to comments.
- Attend monthly Marketing group meeting.
- Report to Project Leader for the given project team.
- Complete the PWR at least on the weekly minimum basis.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Experience with one or more video editing programs.
- Experience with sound and audio recording and editing.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, detail-oriented and able to work with deadlines and multiple projects.
- Must have access to one or more of the following software programs: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Avid, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Flash (Animation), Bender or Lightwave (3D software); or Videomaker FX.
- Interest in sustainability, water-related issues, and the environment is a plus.
- Preferably Florida or USA.
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
P.O. Box 545934
Surfside, FL, US 33154
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings Late nights
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends