Do you know what harmful contaminants are in your water? How it gets there? What effect it has on your families and environment? Save the Water™ (STW™) is the one looking for answers.
STW™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water; and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all".
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org.
Have experience with event planning? Are you an individual who takes pride in effective planning, communicating, and organizing events? Save the Water is looking for Marketing Associate: Event Support to volunteer with us who assists Event Supervisors, Directors, and Executives at Save The Water events, which may include networking events, trade shows, fundraising events, DILOS and STEM education classes, and others.
We are having various events and are looking for energetic people who are interested in Event Management to work with us. Experience in science and water research is a plus, however not necessary. We need help reaching out to organizations that have a common interest with Save the Water and would like to participate at our event.
This opportunity is excellent for individuals looking to grow their Event Management portfolio and have an interest in education and environmental causes. Event Support volunteers work as needed. There are no minimum hourly requirements per week, however on call volunteer associates are responsible for keeping current with organizational communications and thus must check and be responsive to emails within (3) calendar days.
- Event support volunteer's main responsibilities include, but are not limited to: helping with basic event setup, running registration table, checking tickets, gathering guest information, and providing general guidance to guests.
- Report to Project Leader for the given project team
- Attend monthly Marketing group meeting.
- Complete the PWR at least on weekly minimum basis
- Must reside in South Florida.
- Must be at least 18 years old and have reliable transportation to and from events.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Aptitude to working with the public, in a friendly, approachable, and professional manner.
- Flexible schedule essential.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department and a common sense approach are essential.
- Miami, FL, US
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings Late nights
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends