The Baan Dek Foundation is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious, organization that supports about 1000 migrant children in need and their families in the construction sites and slums of Chiang Mai Province (Northern Thailand). Through specifically tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek protects vulnerable children, allows families to become self-sustainable and provides children with opportunities for a better future.
The Foundation is officially registered according to Thai Law and is supported by four independent entities: Kids Home France, Kids Home Italia, Kids Home UK and Kids Home America, which are all recognized as charitable associations in their respective countries, and they fundraise and raise awareness for the Baan Dek Foundation's work in Thailand. You can find further information about Baan Dek's projects at www.baandekfoundation.org.
Responsibilities of the Position:
Baan Dek is currently looking for a volunteer in charge of fundraising. The objective of the mission is to inquire about and develop financial opportunities through fundraising activities.
More specifically, it includes the following:
- Support in fundraising: to actively prospect and contact potential new funders and develop new funding partnerships, both in Thailand (CSR, embassies, etc.) and internationally (answers to calls for proposals, grants, etc.). Provide communication materials (reports, etc.) to existing funders.
- Support in financial and management planning in order to achieve further sustainability.
- Participation in local projects developed by the Baan Dek Foundation: Support the team with field activities dedicated to the development of children's self-expression and creativity. Create and coordinate English activities on the field.
- Complementary work: Work closely with the management team as well as Baan Dek's International Coordinator to support the development of requested communications, accounting, etc.
- Qualifications: Business/Marketing studies and/or confirmed interest.
- Previous professional experience in fundraising/social business/marketing /communication is highly recommended.
- Experience with children is considered an asset.
- Personal characteristics: Strong social commitment, excellent analytical skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to work and live in a multi-cultural environment. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, flexible and interested in fundraising and social work.
- Languages: Proficiency in written and oral English. French/Italian/Thai considered an asset.
- Other skills: Ability to drive a motorbike.
- Duration of contract: Minimum of 6 months (starting as soon as possible).
- Position status: 6-month contract, Internship/Volunteering - open to any nationality and extension.
- Compensation: No financial compensation / Open to self-financing initiatives.
Benefits: Accommodation and food, motorbike.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit and in line with the local needs. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek's Child Protection Policy.
- Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Full time (30-40 hours/week)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome