Position Title: Volunteer Greeter
Department: Volunteer and Intern Resources
Reports To: Guest Services Supervisor
Location: Audubon Zoo, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium
Volunteer Greeters are some of the first faces that a guest sees when entering one of our facilities, and as such, Greeters play an essential role in driving customer satisfaction and ensuring that our guests have amazing experiences. As the world's largest family of facilities dedicated to nature, Audubon sees millions of guests each year, and it would be impossible to keep so many guests happy and safe without the assistance of our Volunteer Greeters.
The Volunteer Greeter program is also a great way to build skills and gain experience in the hospitality, theme attraction, and customer service fields. Volunteer Greeters will work alongside Audubon's expert Guest Services staff to deliver amazing outcomes for our visitors.
To deliver on the Audubon mission, the Greeter will:
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Proactively welcome customers
- Direct guests to important offices such as membership or the information desk
- Address customer satisfaction challenges
- Solicit guests to take the customer feedback survey
- Encourage guests to visit again soon
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience.
- Make personalized exhibit recommendations
- Encourage guests to visit scheduled chats and feeds
- Recommend other facilities in the Audubon family
The above listed duties are general statements of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. They do not exclude other duties that may be requested by the supervisor.
To deliver on the Audubon service promise, the Greeter will:
- Make eye contact with every customer encounter, smile at every person, offer friendly phrases and greetings.
- Wear identification badge.
- Walk individual to destination instead of pointing; offer assistance to people who look confused.
- Assume ownership of potential safety hazards (wipe-up spill, pick up trash).
- Always have the Audubon camera-ready look.
- Maintain positive attitude, pleasant tone of voice (remember it is not what you say, but how you say it).
- Coordinate with coworkers within service expectations.
- Utilize the power of teamwork to give excellent service.
- Know when to involve management.
- Know the answers to questions or seek out the answers.
- Keep unpleasant concerns behind closed doors (vent backstage).
- Recommend exhibits and attractions to guests based on personal experiences.
- Encourage guests to celebrate the wonders of nature.
Age: Volunteers must be at least 16 yrs old volunteer in Audubon's adult programs.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements:Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, handheld radios, and phones.
- Medium Work: Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.
6500 Magazine St.
New Orleans, LA, US 70118
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends
Extra details:Training provided
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome