Project Inspire is accepting applications for us to expand our 2016 - 2017 Board of Directors as we strive to expand our reach and impact. The mission of our 501(c)(3) organization is to empower youth and young adults through powerful personal, educational and professional opportunities using the arts as a gateway to achievement. Just within the past 2 years, in Florida and Washington, D.C., Project Inspire has facilitated powerful workshops for over 400 youth, launching our national virtual professional development program, and having our first Washington, D.C. scholarship winners and our first male scholarship winners as well (since we started our scholarship program 11 years ago). We are hoping to add to our strong team to continue to build upon this work.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals with expertise or significant experience in NONPROFIT FUNDRAISING/ DEVELOPMENT, including:
- Planning and implementing major gifts campaigns targeting individual funders contributing over $1k each,
- Tracking donor data and research, and/or
- Coordinating events that raise $5k - $10k or above.
We're also looking for individuals with expertise or significant experience in VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT, including:
- Implementing monthly check-ins with various Project Inspire volunteers,
- Managing volunteer effectiveness and satisfaction,
- Updating and managing volunteer databases, and/or
- Creating and implementing a plan for volunteer and team recruitment.
Finally, we're looking for individuals who are open to playing a significant role in expanding our alumni engagement program who have expertise or significant experience in CASE MANAGEMENT or ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT, whose experience might include:
- Ensuring youth are college-ready,
- Serving as a liaison for college-attending students and the resources they need to be successful,
- Planning and implementing regional conferences for youth and/or young adults, and/or
- Conducting alumni engagement and update calls.
Excellent candidates will have:
- Awesome interpersonal skills and compassion,
- The ability to work successfully with a team,
- A "whatever-it-takes-attitude,"
- Availability of at least 3 - 4 hours per quarter to accomplish tasks and/or participate in virtual meetings, and
- A commitment to accomplishing tasks with integrity, quality, and by deadline.
Any prospective board member should reside in Washington, D.C.; Maryland; Virginia; or Florida.
You can learn more about Project Inspire at www.inspirethemovement.org.
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
700 12th St NW
Washington, DC, US 20005
Start and end dates:8/2016 - 7/31/2016
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends
Extra details:Training provided