Volunteer opportunity posted by: Huvadhoo Aid
Posted on: January 11, 2013
Here in the Maldives, it can be difficult for women to get into a regular pattern of exercise. With constant housework and the looking after of children, many women relish the prospect of having some form of daily exercise routine. This is where you, as a trained aerobics instructor, will come in! Increased fitness, confidence, and community participation are just some of the benefits you'll be providing to the local women. We require our aerobics volunteers to have some form of basic training in the area, a passion for meeting and empowering women and an energetic attitude.
Basic knowledge of aerobics
Good organizational skills
Able to run own classes
Structuring work-out plans
Providing individual plans for locals
Our activities as an NGO greatly benefit the local community, and when you join our family you too will be able to watch your time and money become invested in the happiness of the local people.
Duration Currency Amount
3 Weeks US Dollar 1,050.00
4 weeks US Dollar 1,400.00
6 weeks US Dollar 2,000.00
8 Weeks US Dollar 2,550.00
10 weeks US Dollar 3,050.00
12 Weeks 12 weeks 3,600.00
More than 12 weeks – USD 285 per week.
What you get for the fee:
Returning volunteer discount
Early bird special
To apply for a volunteering program with Island Volunteer, you must complete these steps to ensure that your stay with us can be tailored to suit your personal preferences.
1. Select the type of voluntary program you would like to become involved with
2. Select the preferred dates of your trip
3. Tell us any activities you would particularly like to get involved in by filling out the relevant section of the application form. This will help us organize any activities outside of volunteering to give you the best possible experience in the Maldives.
4. Complete the rest of the application form and email it to us at email@example.com
5. Please also attach with your application form email the following items:
i. A scanned copy of the photo page of your passport
ii. A scanned copy of your education certificates
iii. A copy of your CV
5. Once your documents have been received and a suitable placement has been arranged, we will email you giving confirmation of your placement dates and an invoice for your payment. The fee given will be used to cover food during your stay (3 meals a day and afternoon tea), your accommodation and the administrative costs.
6. As soon as you have paid your invoice, please email us a receipt so we can finalize arrangements and begin applying for your visa. For teaching, medical and counseling placements we will also a police report that we can send along with your visa application.
7. Once your flights have been booked, email us a copy of your flight summary, a scan of your plane tickets and a copy of your travel insurance so that we can make the necessary domestic transfer arrangements.
8. Once everything has been confirmed, we will email you with all the necessary information that you will require before embarking on your placement. This will include information about your placement and the community you will be living in, a list of suggested clothing and personal items, and instructions on how to fill in your arrivals card when you enter the country.
9. If you have any extra requirements or need any other documentation from us, or just have some questions about Island Volunteer or volunteering in the Maldives, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us!