Music Heals International (www.mhinternational.org) brings music and musicians to the children of Haiti and other parts of the world. MHI provides quality music instruction and instruments to teach and inspire children, using the transformative force of music to promote learning, confidence, creativity and healing.
MHI seeks a volunteer or intern to:
• Conduct prospect research, identification and cultivation.
• Articulate verbally and in writing MHI's mission, values, history and programs.
• Develop Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) and grant proposals.
• Build cost projections and develop proposal budgets.
• Enter prospect research data into a Salesforce platform grant management system.
• Work collaboratively as part of a small, growth oriented team of committed nonprofit, music education and international development professionals.
In this role, you'll:
• Expand your professional network.
• Grow your skills as a nonprofit development professional.
• Build international development and education sector experience.
• Deepen Haitian children's education, creativity and resiliency, enabling them to create a more secure, joyful future.
Study or experience in grant writing and prospect research preferred - Excellent written and verbal communication skills –Strong attention to detail - Ability to work independently and as a member of a team -Background in music or education is a plus.
Up to 5 hours per week working remotely with periodic visits tothe Foundation Center or its partners for training and research.