PERFORMING LIFE is currently seeking volunteers to support the organization with marketing, communications, fundraising and online event planning, for fundraiser events in Denver and Chicago.
100% of ticket sales go to benefit Performing Life to expand Social Circus programs to include more youth and families in 2016.
Events on Facebook
- Denver – Thursday, July 21st: https://www.facebook.com/events/1705258086410389/
- Chicago – Thursday, August 4th: https://www.facebook.com/events/1531926340434887/
Tickets must be purchased using the links below for funds to benefit PL.
- Denver – Thursday, July 21st: http://www8.ticketingcentral.com/V2/Quantity.aspx?t=7B5A5FF88D36219F4994AA6&og=-1
- Chicago – Thursday, August 4th: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04004F4DFD6D54B9?did=bolivi
The responsibilities of the volunteer will include the following tasks:
- Develop promotional material to Promote Ticket Sales
- Communicate personally with donors to increase ticket sales and acquire new donors
- Prepare event-related posts/content for the organization's Facebook and Twitter pages, blog and website.
- Solicit the media's support in promoting and attending the event
- Come up with other creative ways of promoting the event
- Manage the attendee/donor database
We are looking for volunteers who are creative, highly motivated, detail-oriented, and independent.
The role requires a part-time commitment of about 12-16 hours a week, with the bulk of that time ideally being during regular working hours). The start date is as soon as possible and the end date is as close to the date of the event as possible (Around July 1st, 2016 ticket sales will close).
- Good communication skills
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media.
- Strong writing skills
- Interest in international development
- Motivated to work independently
- Previous fundraising experience helpful
PERFORMING LIFE INTERNATIONAL is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded to help impoverished youth working and/or living on the streets of Cochabamba, Bolivia. Today our various programs empower these young people by teaching them performance and visual arts as productive skills for avoiding drugs and delinquency while ensuring participants remain in school and receive academic support when needed. Performing Life also provides participating youth with new economic opportunities, and the funds they earn are used to start savings accounts that allow them and their families to make important decisions about their educational and financial futures. Since its inception our organization has helped over 3,000 children and members of their families, and we are proud that youth interest in our programs, and desire to expand them, has never been greater.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Still have questions about Performing Life, or just want to see and know more about our organization and what we do? You can find out through the links below:
- Documentaries, Promotion, Music Videos: Performing Life Bolivia YouTube Channel
- Audio and Albums:
- Annual and monthly reports, financial statements, performances, and details on programs are located at:[[http:performinglifebolivia.org/|performinglifebolivia.org/]]
Links and Contact Information
- John Connell: +591-76476381
- Marye Dijkstra: +591-72173047
- Performing Life Office: +591-44416757
Performing Life International is a federally tax-exempt 501c3 organization in the United States.
Fundación EnseñARTE Bolivia is an official NGO incorporated in the Department of Cochabamba, Bolivia.
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
Av. Lincoln #125 entre Simeon Roncal y Adela Zamudio
Cochabamba, Departamento de Cochabamba, Bolivia
Start and end dates:May 1st to July 1st
Duration:Less than 3 months
Time commitment:A lot (10+ hours/week)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome