Ignatian Service Corps is seeking one full-time volunteer to fill a Behavioral Health Case Management position at Venice Family Clinic starting August 1, 2016!
Ignatian Service Corps is a post-graduate service program from Loyola Marymount University that joins young people together to serve for a year as full-time Volunteers. ISC is currently seeking volunteers to respond to the call of social justice and partner with various agencies to work in marginalized communities. We seek to live out the Ignatian principles and work to create a more just society.
Our Five Values
- Social Justice: Respond to the call of creating a just society by serving in solidarity within the community.
- Ignatian Spirituality: Explore and discover spirituality rooted in the Ignatian tradition.
- Simplicity: Focus on serving the people of Los Angeles and living a simple yet sustainable lifestyle.
- Community: Build community by forming relationships for support and encouragement throughout the service year
- Career/Professional Development: Develop as a strong leader ready to work or study in various field after service year.
- Monthly Stipend
- Room & Board
- Health Insurance Option
- Assistance with transportation to and from work
- Mentoring and develpment of professional skills
We are seeking one volunteer to fill the following position:
- Behavioral Health Case Manager at Venice Family Clinic in Los Angeles, CA (Start date: August 1, 2016)
Venice Family Clinic's mission is to provide quality primary health care to people in need. To do this, VFC operates ten clinic sites in Venice, Santa Monica, Inglewood, Mar Vista, and Culver City. VFC serves 24,400 men, women, children, teens, and seniors annually by providing more than 106,000 primary care, specialty care, mental health, dental, and health education visits. Services include diagnosis, treatment, medications, follow-up care, and laboratory tests. For more information on Venice Family Clinic: http://www.venicefamilyclinic.org/
The ISC Volunteer will act as a case manager within Venice Family Clinic's Behavioral Health Department. The case manager will primarily serve the homeless population of Venice and Santa Monica. Work will include helping clients find ways to meet basic needs, completing housing and disability applications, as well as connecting clients with more intensive homeless services in the area.
For more information contact email@example.com or visit http://studentaffairs.lmu.edu/activitiesservice/centerforserviceaction/serviceopportunities/post-graduateservice/ignatianservicecorps/
Apply online here: https://lmu.wufoo.com/forms/z30bs1003kkir3/
1 LMU Dr. MS8450
Center for Service & Action - Loyola Marymount University
Los Angeles, CA, US 90045
Start and end dates:August 1, 2016 - July 1, 2017
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Full time (30-40 hours/week)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
Extra details:Stipend provided
International volunteer options:Housing available