URBAN REFUGEES's (UR) is a licensed French based non-profit whose mission is to improve the lives of urban refugees in developing countries through a three-prong approach: (1) by supporting refugee-led organizations to improve their capacity to deliver services to and advocate for their communities; (2) by connecting urban refugee-led organizations, international and local NGOs, academics and practitioners working on urban refugee-related issues through a global community of practice (CoP) to advance learning and practice; and, (3) by advocating for changes in international policy to better address the needs and challenges faced by urban refugees. To learn more about our mission and programs, please visit www.urban-refugees.org.
The organization recently decided to expand its operations to the U.S. In its current U.S. startup phase the organization is in the process of incorporating as a licensed NY non-profit and gaining U.S. non-profit 501(c)(3) status.
Please note this is a volunteer, unpaid position.
Position Summary & Responsibility:
UR is looking for a volunteer Human Resources Associate to support our Director of Human Resources in France.
- Work under the supervision of the Human Resources Director (DHR) to address human resources tasks as follows:
Position descriptions and recruitment:
- Create first draft of new position descriptions
- Work with DHR and Co-Founders to finalize position description
- Assist DHR with posting, recruitment and sorting through candidate applications
- Schedule interview with DHR and co-founders as needed
- Organize and schedule security trainings for field staff as needed.
- Assist the DHR with drafting HR policies
- Undertake research as needed
Onboarding & Off-boarding:
- Coordinate new hire orientation meetings and onboarding process
- Prepare, provide, and process paperwork related to onboarding new volunteers
Able to devote a minimum of 4-6 hours/week to UR related tasks.
The position is based online, with a preference for candidates based in Paris (not mandatory)
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Human Resources, Non-profit Management, International Development or any related field
- 2-3 years minimum experience working in a Human Resources Capacity a strong asset
- French and English language fluency;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Strong interest in refugee news and affairs, current events and topics related to refugees and international development;
- Self-starter with good time-management skills. Can bring fresh and new ideas to the team, with strong attention to detail;
- Maintains a high level of personal integrity and professionalism.
How to Apply:
Send a resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant background, interest in the position, and how your skills and experiences fit with the position and the organization's work and mission. Please email your application documents to UR's Director of Human Resources, Nastassia Kantorowicz Torres, at firstname.lastname@example.org July 14th, 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
Square Lekain bat F3
Maisons-Laffitte, Île-de-France, France 78600
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends