Barrow County HFH is seeking a Resource Development VISTA who will develop, document and implement a plan for donor engagement, tracking, and recognition in order to increase the overall donor experience and donor buy-in to Habitat's mission, ultimately allowing us to serve more families.
Member Activities Include:
- Develop and document an overall short and long-term resource development plan, including targeting local individuals, businesses, faith organizations, school groups, civic groups and other community organizations. Plan should include creation of a marketing plan. Inform plan with donor engagement resources available from HFHI, other affiliates, etc.
- Develop a plan to expand current number of in-kind support including building materials, office supplies and professional services.
- Create a strategic annual campaign plan that incorporates face to face solicitation, special event fundraising, direct mail and online giving.
- Utilize DonorLynk Salesforce to track donor contacts and donations.
- Develop and document a donor recognition plan to include items such as events, letters, site tours, as well as other smaller ways to recognize donor loyalty and/or milestones.
- Develop and document a calendar of cultivation events and opportunities as well as a planning timeline for each.
- Develop and document cultivation and event marketing materials as needed. Create templates that can be used in the future.
- Develop a plan to utilize the Fund Development Committee within the overall Resource Development strategy of the affiliate.
Education/Experience/Knowledge/Skills required for this position
- Valid Driver's License and ability to meet host site's insurance requirements
- Personal vehicle required
- Microsoft Office Valid Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity and AmeriCorps
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Experience working as a member of a team
- Marketing experience is highly desirable
- Salesforce experience is a plus
We look for members who:
Possess a sincere desire to serve others and are dedicated to Habitat's mission
Have strong written and verbal communication skills
Have excellent attention to detail skills
Are able to work with a diverse group of people
Benefits of Service:
Skills for the future
Minimal living allowance (living allowance determined by county position is based in)
An education award of $5,775 or a cash stipend of $1,500 upon successful completion of service
Personal and sick leave
Health care benefit
Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible – Go to[[http:AmeriCorps.gov|AmeriCorps.gov]] website to see if your loan would qualify)
Child care assistance (if eligible)
Non-competitive Hiring Status – When you satisfactorily complete one full year of service, they earn non-competitive eligibility for federal government jobs for one year after the member's service
What's in it for you?
At the end of the service year, you will have gained new skills and expertise, developed new relationships, and maybe even become a member of a new community.
What's needed to apply?
Resume (tell us about your experience)
Motivation Statement (this essay gives you the opportunity to express why you want to serve)
Requirements to serve at this site:
18 years of age or older
U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
Confirm understanding that this is a full-time volunteer opportunity and that AmeriCorps members receive a small living allowance
About Habitat: Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
Habitat for Humanity engages people of all ages and backgrounds in addressing community needs.
237 East Athens Street
Winder, GA, US 30680
Start and end dates:August 15, 2016 - July 1, 2017
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Full time (30-40 hours/week)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends
Extra details:Stipend provided