Young Africa women initiatives ( YAWI) is a non governmetal organization based in Kenya. we empower women socially, economically and politically. our core business stopping all form of Gender based violence against women especially women in emergent situations. we are therfore looking for a person who is passionate about women issues and wish to give her/his time in seeking funds and partners who can walk along YAWI and empower women in Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with CEO to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Search for potential partners individuals or groups who wish to have on site experience eg facilitating a training on GBV, participate in construction activity etc
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of two years' experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Must have internet and computer
- Great Personality
- People Person
- Able to take Direction
- Able to work from home
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
- Nakuru, Nakuru, Kenya +254
Start and end dates:the volunteer will be engaged from July 2016 for upto May 2017
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Evenings
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends
Extra details:Training provided
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome