At Unspoken Smiles Foundation, we believe that oral health education is not just for kids but about the adults. Consequently, we are deeply committed to training teachers to get the best health outcomes for kids. Since our first pilot, Unspoken Smiles Foundation has swiftly grown tremendously, serving 2,000 school-based kids living in underserved communities in Haiti. We are ready to scale in NYC and Internationally with the hope to serve millions of at-risks children and real soon bring transformational change across the globe. In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum will focus on the whole child oral health and well-being, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong change in oral health habits.
With our rapid growth and commitment to all kids, Unspoken Smiles Foundation is seeking a Curriculum Designer--someone who will help us revolutionize how we educate children about proper oral hygiene and disease prevention. Through the development of rigorous and engaging contents which already exists, and our Curriculum Designer will drive oral health learning at Unspoken Smiles Foundation that will allow us to elevate the teaching and learning at our schools and help reduce dental caries among low-income children. This key player will be part of a larger Creative Content and Strategy team that is working tirelessly to innovate and share training within Unspoken Smiles Foundation and beyond.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Our Curriculum Designer will report directly to our Executive Director and should be someone who is a visionary instructional designer with a deep understanding of different types of educational curriculum; Has the proven ability to design engaging and rigorous storyboards and courses through active collaboration with our dental content experts; Possesses superior communication skills with the ability to develop concise and compelling content; Can clearly define learning objectives, integrate benchmarks that challenge our incredibly high bar; Can imaginatively re-conceive how we deliver, share, and consume content across our organization and beyond; Is a proven thought-leader with strong success in creating, managing, and executing complex project plans to achieve and deliver effective learning; Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, innovation, and disruption are valorized; and is a learner.
Doctorate degree preferred; master's degree required
• Experience in design, implementation, and utilization of data management as well as direct teaching preferred
• Minimum of 1-year curriculum development experience preferably in a postsecondary environment
• Action-Oriented - Displays and encourages a sense of commitment to meeting deadlines and achieving results and devotes resources to "what is important now."
• Communication - Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication. Communicates effectively with other departments across the organization. Listens to others to ensure understanding and contributes meaningful information during meetings.
• Integrity and Ethics - Consistently demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior congruent with the foundation's values of integrity, excellence, service, and stewardship in all transactions and relationships.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a professional manner. Reacts well under pressure and always treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments. Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement of processes, procedures, and policies. Copes effectively with change and is comfortable working with uncertainty.
• Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit by placing success of team above own interest. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Gives and welcomes constructive feedback.
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
- New York, NY, US 10035
Duration:Less than 3 months
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)