Older Adults Technology Services (OATS), a rapidly expanding social impact organization, seeks a dynamic trainer to act as an ambassador for Senior Planet Colorado programming and delivery Senior Planet’s award-winning curriculum. Senior Planet courses and lectures engage participants with digital culture and new technologies.
This position is a unique opportunity for passionate individuals to work with OATS to empower older adults by harnessing technology to change the way we age. The Community Outreach Coordinator & Trainer will be responsible for performing community outreach to spread awareness of OATS’s programming by attending neighborhood events, fairs, senior living centers, libraries, and other communities where older adults congregate. This position will also teach OATS’s curriculum using books, online resources, and lecture materials specifically designed for older adults.
This part-time position requires proficiency in common software applications and devices, but even more important is a passion for connecting with older adults and the ability to effectively communicate the relevancy of technology to their lives. Successful candidates will possess a high degree of patience, creativity, dependability, and problem-solving skills, along with a sense of humor and a strong commitment to social change.
To learn more about the full range of Senior Planet programming and the OATS mission, please visit oats.org, seniorplanet.org, and seniorplanet.org/colorado.
- Identify opportunities in the community to serve as an ambassador for Senior Planet
- Present, table, and conduct lectures for Senior Planet
-Manage communication between Senior Planet staff, organizations that serve older adults, and members of the community
-Clearly document outreach activities
-Teach technology courses and lectures using the OATS curriculum and approach
- Create a comfortable and supportive learning environment
- Collect surveys and evaluations
- Data entry in Salesforce database
- Maintain professionalism at all times
- Other duties as assigned by project manager
- Able to travel between locations in Metro Denver, including access to a vehicle
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Experience in community outreach and grassroots organizing
- Experience teaching teenagers, adults, and/or seniors
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information
- Competence with Windows computers, iOS, popular social media sites, and other common technologies/devices
- Fluency in other languages, especially Spanish, is a plus
- Superior time-management skills
We are looking for someone who is excited about our mission to use technology to change the way we age and has potential to grow with the organization.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter, including their availability, in PDF format to the email contact provided. No phone calls please.
Program Lead, Colorado