Adasina Social Capital is an investment and financial activism firm that believes that community-sourced impact data should set the standards for how publicly traded companies participate in racial, gender, economic, and climate justice. Our diverse team of people from non-traditional backgrounds works closely with the communities we intend to impact – aligning investors with social justice movements. In addition to managing investment portfolios, Adasina mobilizes investors to drive long-term impact through industry campaigns and education.
Details of Role
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (40%)
- Maintain an easily auditable and transparent financial infrastructure for the firm.
- Coordinate and carry out day-to-day financial functions of the organization, including management of the firm’s outsourced bookkeeping service, to:
- Maintain cash flow projections by monitoring bank balances and cash requirements.
- Set up new vendor files and maintain W-9 vendor information.
- Manage accounts receivable and ensure the firm receives timely and accurate revenue by issuing and sending invoices; recording and tracking payments, and resolving any discrepancies.
- Manage accounts payable to ensure the firm makes timely and accurate required payments, including comparing account balances and proposed expenditures to budgeted and historical spending, working to improve the payment and budgeting process, and responding to vendor inquiries regarding payment.
- Prepare financial reports in compliance with grant requirements and grant applications.
- Monitor and track expenditures and transactions against grants and budgets on a monthly basis and ensure all expenses are coded to the appropriate account, funder, project, or classification.
- Attend and support the COO in monthly financial review and reconciliation meetings.
- Maintain accurate, timely, and complete monthly employee expense reports.
- Assist COO in budget formation and forecasting process and contribute to the review and administration of the budget and comparisons of budgeted to actual spending.
- Coordinate vendor agreements and other administrative documents and processes; and maintain documents and records in Google Workspace.
- Assist the COO with reports and information to support the firm’s tax accountant with tax filings.
HUMAN RESOURCES (40%)
Coordinate and carry out day-to-day HR functions of the organization, including management of the firm’s outsourced co-employer, including: :
- Maintain employee handbook, HR policies and procedures, and coordinate with the outsourced co-employer, and the Chief Compliance Officer, to show compliance with all employment laws.
- Manage, carry out, and document onboarding and termination processes for the firm and each firm employee.
- Via the outsourced co-employer:
- Process, review, and maintain payroll and tax reports.
- Coordinate, track, and document the day-to-day processing of benefit programs, including new employee benefits, benefits changes, terminations, insurance and disability claims.
- Research and implement firm employee insurance benefit offerings.
- Coordinate open enrollment, providing timely information as requested, and manage enrollment processes for all employees.
- Conduct and manage firm orientation for new employees.
- Support the COO in Organizational Development work, including drafting new policies and procedures, setting firm wide goals, and supporting staff education and development.
STAFF COMMUNICATION (20%)
- Attend and present at monthly and weekly internal meetings.
- Work closely with and support the COO in the smoothing running of firm operations, including assistance with setting and achieving strategic goals.
- Communicate effectively with staff, including translating between vendors and staff, regarding payroll, finance, and other HR-related matters.
- Assist staff with the completion of accurate and timely monthly expense reports.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a transparent financial infrastructure, including budgeting, reporting, and support of outside auditing
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Paylocity or a similar payroll system
- Expertise with Expensify and Bill.com, or similar systems
- Expertise with QuickBooks or similar system
- Experience with various types of employee benefits
- Google Workspace experience and high proficiency
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse range of staff, partners, and vendors
- Strong organizational skills and time management abilities; capacity to prioritize competing responsibilities
- High attention to detail and consistent commitment to accuracy
- Willingness to learn new skills and systems and collaborate in other areas as needed
- Experience creating and maintaining budgets, via QuickBooks, preferred
- Experience with HubSpot or similar customer relationship management database
- Experience with Monday.com or similar project management Work Operating System
- Experience developing and managing relationships with diverse groups of people in a remote work environment
- A basic understanding of investing is useful, but not required
Adasina is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workplace that reflects our progressive values and the communities for which we seek justice. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Investment management and financial services are a highly regulated industry, therefore all applicants must respect confidentiality, adhere to the firm’s Privacy Policies and Code of Ethics. Pursuant to the California Fair Chance Ordinance, Adasina Social Capital will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.