LevelTen Energy is a software company headquartered in Seattle that provides multiple products (the “Platform”), including those designed to facilitate renewable energy PPAs (“PPA Marketplace”), contract monitoring (“Performance Monitoring”), and the purchase & sales of renewable energy assets (“Asset Marketplace”) in as streamlined a manner as possible. Each Platform product incorporates sophisticated analytics engines to forecast value & risk associated with individual RE assets or PPA offers.
LevelTen Energy's central product is the PPA Marketplace, where individual project offers are compared against a range of internal and external forward curves, as well as an internal stochastic risk model to calculate unique value & risk forecasts for each offer. Current market coverage includes the US, Canada, and approximately 20 European markets.
LevelTen Energy is seeking an experienced data analytics professional to spearhead the management, quality assurance, and processing of its data sources. This role reports to the VP, Product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design tools and solutions to support data feeding LevelTen’s global platform and analytics suite, such as electricity price forecasts, energy generation data, and project information.
- Become Subject Matter Expert for delivering high-quality and automated data solutions for custom commercial projects.
- Manage and develop “Extract, Transform, Load” (ETL) processes for the team’s large data sets and work with our engineering team to incorporate them into the platform and keep them fresh.
- Create data visualization tools and automated processes to identify trends, metrics, anomalies, and metadata of data sources.
- Work collaboratively across the Product, Engineering, and Developer Services teams to deliver data solutions and standard products for customer needs and product development.
- Lead QAQC of external and internal data and associated processes.
- 3-5 years of experience in data analytics, including specific experience in ETL processes, QAQC, and data visualization.
- Proven analytical skills, focusing on the efficient management of large data sets and the ability to deliver insights from them.
- Experience in Python, SQL, and Tableau is required. Specific experience in pandas/numpy, Tableau Prep, and MySQL/PostgreSQL is preferred. Projects should focus on end-to-end data management from intake to visualization.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to message complex issues to a diverse audience.
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar.
- Interest in data science and advanced statistical analysis.
- Experience in renewable energy or electricity markets is a plus.