Program Manager, BoardLead Expansion (Full Time Position)
Cause Strategy Partners
ABOUT CAUSE STRATEGY PARTNERS
The mission of Cause Strategy Partners is to help social good organizations achieve their missions fueled by great leadership, great strategy and, most importantly, great results. We are a purpose-driven enterprise that believes in harnessing the power of business for social good. We are proud to be a Certified B-Corporation, part of a global community of more than 3,000 companies across 60 industries that meet rigorous standards of performance, accountability and transparency, committed to using the power of business to build strong local communities.
Our programs and services are three-fold:
- Board Placement: We partner with professional services firms, corporations and foundations to place diverse, talented, trained and supported professionals on nonprofit boards. We do this in two primary ways:
- BoardLead: Our award-winning signature program, BoardLead elevates and transforms leadership in the social good sector by partnering with top companies, professional services firms and foundations to recruit, place, train and support professionals for high-impact board service.
- Concierge Board Placement: Designed for senior executives at top companies interested in securing a seat on the Board of Directors of a nonprofit organization, we find strategic board opportunities through a highly-customized, individualized approach.
- CSR, Corporate Foundations & HR/Talent Consulting: We provide strategic consulting to corporate social responsibility, corporate foundation, and HR/Talent teams, helping them maximize their business and community impact.
- Speaking, Teaching & Thought Leadership: We present on a wide range of topics that focus on board governance, board and CEO leadership, and board effectiveness, as well as other related topics. Our two formal training programs are:
- BoardLearn: Our suite of online and live learning experiences provide newly elected board members with the knowledge they need to step into the board room with confidence on day one.
- Advanced Governance Training: Our team of expert governance trainers provides advanced training on various governance topics for corporate, foundation and nonprofit partners looking to hone their skills in the boardroom.
Our client-partners include JPMorgan Chase, PwC, Salesforce, LinkedIn, Credit Suisse, NBCUniversal, Fidelity Investments, Barclays, Macquarie Group, Mastercard, Burt’s Bees, Adobe, BlackRock, S&P Global, Sidley Austin, Capital One, The Joyce Foundation, Dell Technologies, and hundreds of nonprofit organizations in 25 U.S. cities, as well as London, England.
At Cause Strategy Partners, we are committed to practicing and centering diversity, equity, and inclusion. Institutions are strongest when they fully integrate and engage the breadth of diversity that exists in our communities. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion are inseparable from effective governance and leadership. Inclusive practices ensure that we go beyond platitudes and tokenism by giving voice, influence, and power to all who wish to productively engage in service of our mission.
Out of a shared commitment to practice what we preach, we invest our time, talent and treasure in learning about and from our communities, challenging our assumptions and inviting new insights as we champion authentic leadership.
See www.causestrategypartners.com to learn more about our work.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Cause Strategy Partners seeks a wildly talented, deeply passionate and incredibly fun mission-driven professional to join our team. The Program Manager will work closely with professionals from Fortune 500 companies, philanthropic foundations, nonprofit organizations, and the BoardLead team to drive high-impact nonprofit board placement, training and support.
The Program Manager will:
- Partner with and support the Director of BoardLead as BoardLead rapidly expands into new geographic markets around the U.S. and globally
- Build an effective strategy and operational plan to launch BoardLead National and BoardLead Global
- Work closely with (and eventually supervise) Program Associates to implement the strategy and operational plan
- Build and manage a BoardLead application process and a national/global database of all interested nonprofits including:
- Working closely with the Chief Program Officer and CSP’s software developers to retrofit and build technology processes and tools that facilitate substantial scale
- Utilizing network effects to extend the BoardLead opportunity to nonprofits across the United States and in target international markets
- Managing the design, build and maintenance of a national/global nonprofit database
- Execute BoardLead National and BoardLead Global rounds
- Work closely with the BoardLead program team to integrate BoardLead National/Global into local BoardLead process
- Develop an engagement strategy for nonprofits within the BoardLead network outside of board placement services
- Working closely with the Learning Experience Coordinator, adapt BoardLead’s governance training materials for a national and global candidate pool
- Serve as CSP’s primary day-to-day client liaison and implementation leader to our core engagement partners
- Ensure inclusive nonprofit board placement practices for diverse leaders at national/global scale
The Program Manager selected to fill this position will report into the Director of BoardLead. They must be adept at a number of core competencies, including:
- Verbal and written communication: a great deal of time will be invested in building meaningful relationships with a host of external stakeholders.
- Technological and design prowess: candidate must be skilled in building effective and attractive presentation decks and navigating Excel/Google Sheets, in particular.
- Highly efficient & organized self-starter: as a fast growing professional service firm, the Cause Strategy Partners team shows up each day with an entrepreneurial spirit and an eagerness to build something great for our society.
- Nonprofit experience: nonprofit governance is our passion - a familiarity with and dedication to the social good sector is important.
- Five or more years of program management or project management experience, or the ability to make the case in your cover letter that you are nonetheless the perfect fit for this role.
- Experience having managed relationships with various stakeholders, particularly nonprofit and/ or corporate partners.
- Experience building a new program or initiative.
- A passion for using business as a power for good and the importance of connecting professionals to causes they care about.
- An understanding of and belief in Cause Strategy Partners’ values: Relationships, Zeal, Honesty, Advancement, Creativity, and Excellence.
- An understanding and belief in the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion and a passion for continuous advancement.
- Intrinsic motivation with the ability to work effectively in virtual and in-person team environments.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive full-time salary, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Participation in an employer match 401(k) plan after one year of employment
- Unlimited paid time off through our “Freedom and Responsibility Paid Time Off Policy”
- Employee matching gift program for board service
- Annual professional development budget
- Submit your application. Please send an email (with the subject line: “BoardLead Program Manager”) with your cover letter and resume, to: Whitley Richards, Chief Program Officer (Email: email@example.com ). Application Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis
- We review your application based on skills and experience with particular attention paid to how you connect your previous experience to the responsibilities of this role.
- Phone screening with Erin Connell, Director of BoardLead. We'll begin interviews the week of July 12, 2021.
- We’ll ask you to complete a test project that you'll discuss during the next interview. Though we will give you a few days to finish your "test project," it should only take 1-2 hours to complete.
- Interview with Erin Connell, Director of BoardLead, Alexandra Hallock, Chief Operating Officer and Whitley Richards, Chief Program Officer.
- Final interview with Rob Acton, Founder & CEO.
- Offer & Onboarding.
Cause Strategy Partners is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its employees and contractors, without regard to race, gender and/or gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, unemployment status, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected basis. We believe we are stronger as a company when we are a diverse group of highly-qualified professionals. We are committed to equitable and inclusive practices in recruitment, hiring and promotion.