Purpose is a global home for public mobilization and storytelling on the world’s most pressing issues. We create new campaigning labs and movement organizations, consult with leading organizations, and make technology and content that enables people around the world to build their own power.
Purpose brings together world-class talent across the disciplines of campaigning, political strategy, creative content development and distribution, and data analysis to build ambitious new models for public mobilization and engagement.
Powered by new technologies for participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public narratives, and ultimately drives targeted action that shifts decision-makers and creates lasting impact.
Join the team that helped make possible THIS, THIS, and THIS.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Human Resources Business Partner will provide professional support for all organizational business initiatives through effective execution of Human Resources programs and practices, as well as staffing/recruiting for all level roles.
This is a Fixed-Term Contract position for 1 year, working with our London team.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization employees from a global perspective; assists in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures from a global perspective; prepares and maintains employee handbooks for all countries in partnership with other HR team members.
- Participates in facilitating department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists in benchmarking salaries and managing any future compensation tools.
- Participates in the performance review process along with guidance to all company Leaders.
- Performs benefits administration in all countries including partnering with PEO (US only), including claims resolution and communicating benefits information to employees. Must have global benefits experience.
- Maintains compliance with global, federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- In partnership with the Head of HR, Handles employee relations coaching and counseling.
- Assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions and results of the department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains the upkeep of global company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition Team as needed on filling open positions.
- You will have 6 to 8 years of Human Resources and Recruiting experience performing full-cycle recruiting, handling employee relations matters, knowledge managing human resources policy and compliance, experience in onboarding and offboarding employees, and benchmarking compensation.
- You will support performance management, employee relations interventions, compensation and benefits administration, onboarding, and other Human Resources programs, projects and initiatives.
- Experience managing various projects and working with all levels of employees.
- Experience working with a global organization, managing global relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Be a highly visible individual contributor and go-to for employees.
- Experience in Human Resources Operations: always looking at process implementation and improvement to help the business move forward.
- Experience interacting with and influencing decisions of senior stakeholders based upon implications of human resources strategies and programs.
- Comfortable with technology: utilizing and adopting new systems and tools to facilitate work.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up like environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent work experience (6 -8 years in an HR Generalist capacity, Business Partner or similar role).
- Experience in smaller, start-up-like environments is a plus.
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations based around business needs.
- Strong knowledge base of labor laws/regulations; Multi-state/country experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with technology including knowledge of HRIS systems, and project management tools.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with diverse client groups and leaders at all levels within Headquarters (in the US), UK, and other assigned countries.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and be able to successfully manage multiple tasks/projects with little direction.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible to change as priorities shift.
- Will research and seek out answers to get results.
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion and qualifications for the role.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People from BAME backgrounds, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.