The Renewable Energy Transactions Project Manager will drive execution of Marketplace transactions for clients seeking to acquire or sell renewable energy projects or seeking energy offtake agreements. Additionally, you will initiate process improvement and standardization across teams to ensure seamless transactions. You will be also be involved in product improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Transaction Support: Sell- and Buy-side Asset M&A, PPAs
- Lead asset RFP and asset sale transactions, issuing and managing opportunities to ensuring maximum participation; coordinate issuers and respondents through transaction lifecycle.
- Quarterback transactions internally and externally
- Support the Transaction Team Lead to implement efficient and successful transaction processes, and generate ideas for continuous improvement
- Manage PPA transactions and deal execution team, oversee developer participation and coordinate across internal teams
Business Development and Marketing:
- Expand relationships with renewable energy asset buyers and sellers
- Onboard new users onto the platform, giving demos and issuing log-in credentials
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with existing platform users;
- Lead RFP processes for both M&A and PPA transactions, coordinate project data quality and validation with platform users.
- Support business development and product improvement projects
- Represent developer and transaction process perspective in software and product design
- Support project-focused communications strategy, including PR, social media, events, newsletters, thought leadership pieces, white papers, conferences, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university and relevant work experience in the renewable energy industry (3+ years of experience)
- Worked in renewable energy, ideally on project development, M&A, or origination team
- Experience working in deregulated wholesale energy markets, e.g., PJM, ERCOT etc.
- Comfortable communicating on the phone and by email to external partners.
- Ability to think quick on their feet and make decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of internal groups
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in project management
- An interest and aptitude in building and fostering positive relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external
- Initiative and self-motivation
- A high level of integrity
- Familiarity with lean principles is a plus!
- Computer skills including Tableau, Microsoft Office, Asana, SalesForce and other professional software.
Benefits / Perks
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- 11 paid company holidays
- Flexible vacation policy
- Awesome location in Fremont, outside of the downtown Seattle chaos, with a deck overlooking Lake Union
- Casual dress code
- Onsite bike lockers/storage, gym and showers
- Standing desk options
- Monthly company-sponsored happy hours
- Dog-friendly office
This full-time position is based in Seattle, WA (head office) or in Austin, TX. Please note that all employees are remote until the COVID-19 crisis abates.
Salary and incentives commensurate with experience.