The Shift Network is a global educational media company with a diverse and inclusive culture offering exceptional, transformative training and certification programs featuring the world's brightest and wisest luminaries. We uplift people across the world with inspirational mobile content and international online events that inform and empower. We've helped millions of people worldwide to grow, transform their own lives and positively impact the world around them. And we’re poised to expand our reach like never before!
About This Position:
As the Vice President, Mobile App Marketing, you will lead all global marketing strategy, planning and execution efforts for the Shift App, driving ambitious growth goals for install, users, revenue and impact.
The ideal candidate will possess a balanced combination of both strategic consumer digital marketing skills as well as hands-on experience scaling significant mobile app growth. This role requires experience running multi-channel app campaigns with a relentless analytical rigor, along with a deep understanding of what it takes to grow and establish a successful, world-class mobile app. Utilizing a data-oriented mindset and innovative creative skills, the ideal candidate is comfortable with app marketing fundamentals while unafraid to innovate to increase awareness and engagement, while also drawing on experience with app subscription/monetization best practices to continually increase revenue performance. This newly established role will report directly to Shift’s Chief Marketing Officer.
- Lead growth marketing strategies, planning, execution, campaign management, and performance-based measurements (including subscription funnel data) for the Shift mobile app to boost installs, users, and revenue
- Continually increase customer engagement by working closely with product development on feature testing and UX optimization
- Lead strategy and implementation of all aspects of multi-channel marketing including SEM, SMS/push, email, as well as paid advertising via mobile networks, influencer campaigns, Adwords, Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, and other platforms, utilizing audience and device targeting, remarketing, conversion tracking, display, and other tactics.
- Utilize organic tactics to drive traffic through website/landing page optimization, social, search, blog, PR, and other channels.
- Bring a data-oriented, performance mindset to establish, monitor, track and manage critical KPIs to achieve install, user, ROI, and revenue goals
- Track and measure campaign success, providing performance reporting and analysis on all mobile marketing campaigns, relentlessly iterating to optimize performance and results based on data and insights
- Prepare dashboards and presentations to clearly communicate findings from initiatives to management and the broader organization
- Lead a team of internal staff and external contractors to guide app feature development, app optimization experiments, and feature testing and content creation.
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- Minimum 5+ years of direct experience leading and managing multi-channel performance marketing for mobile apps, with proven results in growing app performance in both user base and monetization.
- Proven track record of delivering significant customer acquisition growth and optimization across all key mobile app metrics, including monetization via app subscriptions
- Excellent understanding of consumer brand advertising strategies in the digital and high-technology B2C mobile and social space.
- Significant experience planning and managing digital advertising and display campaigns, including ad platforms such as Facebook, Google, and mobile ad networks
- Hands-on experience with leading app analytic tools like Google Analytics, AppsFlyer, Localytics, Appannie and/or others
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically, while also demonstrating the ability to be a creative problem solver who is passionate about trying new ways to break through the clutter of the mobile app marketplace
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Experience working effectively with different internal and external teams to ensure plans are executed seamlessly, with a high level of buy-in and impact. Provide a clear cross-team vision and plan, articulating strategies and tactics to align colleagues across multiple teams including operations, tech teams, product marketing, email marketing, customer support, and media.
- Strong team leadership and time management skills; ability to inspire, support and motivate others while thriving in a fast-paced environment, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience working with current mar-tech platforms such as Iterable (marketing automation), as well as Amplitude and Tableau highly recommended. Adobe Creative Suite is desired but not essential.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills with extreme attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree required (graduate degree is a plus)
- Familiarity with the programs and events that The Shift Network offers
- Knowledge of transformational content, including teachers and schools of thought
- 1-2 years remote office experience (preferred)
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, you can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shift Network recognizes Diversity as the presence of differences which includes race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, language, (dis)ability, age, religious commitment, or political perspective and also includes differences in principles, values, thoughts, and beliefs. Diversity of thought and experience are vital to building a personal Shift experience, representative of the world in which we live.
Please do not let doubt get in the way of you applying for this position. If you can demonstrate the abilities listed above and below, we want to hear from you!