Gary Community Ventures, which includes The Piton Foundation, invests in for-profit and philanthropic solutions for Colorado’s low-income children and their families. We believe that business and philanthropy can—and should—work together to create opportunities for those who need it most. Gary Community Ventures is committed to investing in quality early childhood and youth development systems, expanding sustainable economic opportunities, and developing and supporting programs that create healthy family and community environments.
As a sunsetting organization, Gary Community Ventures has pledged to invest all assets by 2035 in service of its mission to ensure opportunity for low-income children and families in the Denver Metro Area.
The Manager, Programs & Strategy leads the coordination and strategic alignment of diverse functions within the Office of the President. The Manager, Programs & Strategy works across the Leadership Team and alongside the President & CEO on the company’s most strategic projects (and mundane ones!). Managing the Executive Assistant to the President & CEO, this person delivers on projects across the organization by connecting teams that are working on similar initiatives, ensuring time spent together is highly effective and there is clear ownership and follow-through. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to execute key projects and initiatives across the company.
- Work closely with the leadership team to progress the company's most important goals, Influence and develop trust across the organization from entry-level employees to executives, partners, the board, and the community.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems to ensure project completion, follow through, and to capture all necessary details, ideas, and strategies. Keep a knowledge base of ideas and strategies.
- Be a central point of contact for the coordination of the President & CEO’s activities and ensure preparation of relevant documents and briefing material.
- Be a sounding board for the President & CEO and challenge them when necessary.
- Monitor for and identify priorities that require senior leadership focus.
- Tie together systems to eliminate manual work and give teams data necessary to operate better.
- Attend meetings to track and ensure completion of action items.
- Ability to represent the President & CEO in internal meetings, align with strategy and communicate priorities.
- Develop presentations, documents, and review/edit materials for internal and external communications.
- Executional excellence: You have the organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, high sense of responsibility, and generalist skill set to take on a wide range of high priority tasks in support of the President & CEO and Leadership team. You are dependable, and always deliver quality work.
- Proactive Systems Thinker: Able to manage a high degree of complexity and to distill information, able to think both strategically at a global level as well as effectively developing key processes, and deliver and distribute information across multiple channels and mediums. Preference for experience in strategic planning.
- High initiative, self-starting capabilities: the demonstrated ability to identify and seize opportunities for impact in messy, uncertain contexts without direction or oversight.
- Executive level communication skills: Your written (including decks) and verbal communication is compelling and precise. You can quickly take complex concepts and communicate them briefly, simply and persuasively. You’ve demonstrated the ability to communicate at executive or board levels of large companies or organizations.
- Structured problem solving: Strategic thinking, in particular the ability to break complex problems down into component parts. The ability to lead on and enjoy both strategic and tactical work is key.
- Communicator: Exceptional written, presentation, and verbal communications skills that can be applied across organizational levels, including ability to build comprehensive and compelling presentation and communication materials that span functions and groups.
- Project Driver: Strong ability to prioritize work and maintain good judgment in a rapidly changing environment and synthesize insights and next steps from a large amount of sometimes conflicting data.
- Interpersonal Communication Champion: The ability to build trust, influence, and relationships with diverse team members at all levels, the ability to leverage relationships to accelerate delivery, and the ability to use these skills to facilitate connection with stakeholders across the organization.
- Collaboration and Partnership Expert: Exceptional cross-organization collaboration-building skills, including ability to partner with teams with multiple different priorities.
- You know how to run a meeting, keep things moving, and get the outcome required whether or not the President & CEO is there.
- Appetite for working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have a passion for the work at Gary Community Ventures and an appetite for learning more about our outcome areas.
- Management experience in a similar capacity with a proven record of effective communication, staff supervision, and program management, is necessary.
- Can effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture, and handle risk and uncertainty in a fast-paced environment.
- Evidence of exceptional judgement and decision-making skills is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high level sensitive and confidential information is necessary.
- Great strategic and critical thinking skills. Candidates must have the ability to apply sound strategic frameworks and thinking, and develop feasible, clear solutions.
- Demonstrated drive for results through a history of achievements and strategy.
- Strong orientation to team culture and cross-functionality.
- History of driving complex projects in the face of ambiguity.
- Demonstrated career progression with increasing responsibility over time.
Compensation & Benefits:
● This is a regular, full-time exempt position
● The salary range for this position is $100,000 to $120,000
● Comprehensive health benefits package including medical, dental, and vision and 401(k) plan with employer matching
Other Details: Our team is based in Denver, CO. We are not a remote team; this role will work out of the office Monday to Friday, with occasional weekends.
To Apply: Please send a resume and answer the following questions in lieu of a cover letter (keep your responses to a maximum of 2 pages, 5 Slides, or a 2 minute video):
- What excites you about Gary Community Venture’s mission and work? What attracted you to this role and opportunity?
- What is your first step in implementing goals set by the office of the President & CEO?
- What's a problem you are currently trying to solve and what have you learned in the process?
*Our hiring website only allows .doc or .pdf attachments. If you have other attachments, please download them to google drive, and link them via tinyurl or bitly in a word document. You can then upload that document directly into our application site.