The Director, Developer Services will lead the team’s engagement with and promotion of LevelTen’s services to renewable energy project developers. In this role, the team member will be responsible for effective leadership of the Developer Services engagement team, which will include multiple direct reports. The team member, in collaboration with the VP, Developer Services, will be expected to design, own, implement LevelTen’s global strategy for developer-facing services and software products. LevelTen is seeking someone who knows the renewable energy industry and is eager to take initiative in a growing team and company to make a positive impact.
The Director of Developer Services will:
- Own and implement a holistic, global strategy for how LevelTen engages with renewable energy project developers across LevelTen’s suite of developer-facing services and products;
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with developers accounts globally with the aim of generating new growth opportunities by virtue of high levels of customer satisfaction;
- Improve and standardize lifecycle processes/touch points in the developer user experience, including developing standards for introductory calls, demos, and continuous engagement;
- Demonstrate the value of LevelTen services to developers in order to catalyze robust participation in PPA and asset RFPs, asset sales, & the Marketplace;
- Collaborate with Developer Services transactions team to deploy strategic outreach to both strengthen relationships and ensure robust seller participation in PPA and asset RFPs and asset sales;
- Lead customer origination to support the Asset Marketplace team’s annual revenue targets;
- Inform Sales’ and Marketing’s prospecting approach to new developer accounts;
- Represent the developer perspective internally which entails significant contributions in the development of new products and software improvements.
- Spearhead the development of new business opportunities based on market research amongst developer users
- Hire, train, and mentor personnel to be contributors to the growth of the developer services pipeline
- Track & achieve developer engagement KPIs, as well as other leading & lagging indicators of developer success
This position reports to the Vice President of Developer Services and will directly manage a team of relationship managers and analysts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree from accredited college/university and relevant work experience in the renewable energy industry (7-10+ years of experience);
- Renewable energy origination, M&A experience, and/or consulting experience;
- Fluency in wholesale electricity markets, corporate renewable energy procurement, and renewable energy development;
- Commitment to accelerating the renewable energy transition;
- Ability to travel (post-COVID);
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of internal groups;
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness when developing and executing new strategies;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- An interest and aptitude in building and fostering positive relationships with key stakeholders;
- Comfort with cold calling;
- A high level of integrity;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, and other professional software;
- Professional fluency in English, other secondary European languages are a plus.