Exponent Partners is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Project Manager to lead Salesforce.com implementation projects with a variety of nonprofit organizations. This position at Exponent Partners will provide you with the opportunity to support core business functions that are critical to the success of our company.
The ideal candidate is highly experienced in managing custom web application development projects, will have taken a lead role on enterprise-wide projects (with project budgets at or above $.5 MM), and will understand what it means to be a successful consultant. The position requires knowledge of the nonprofit sector, a strong technical background, software development expertise using a variety of methodologies, and excellent consulting and communication skills.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in customer-facing consulting required, working knowledge of nonprofit business processes preferred;
- Proven experience initiating open and honest coaching conversations at all levels;
- Ability to establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, not just address symptoms;
- Ability to move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant details.
- Experience managing remote teams;
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to convey technical issues to a non-technical audience;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Recent experience in managing software-as-a-service projects, experience with Salesforce.com preferred;
- Experience working with, or leading, diverse teams;
- Ability to foster collaboration and successfully interact internally across departments and positions, and externally with clients and stakeholders.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Managing the development of custom Salesforce.com solutions on projects ranging in size from small engagements to multi-person teams and in complexity from Salesforce.com configuration to Force.com development on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Overseeing projects to ensure projects are properly planned and staffed, the project is delivered on time and on budget, and that the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation.
- Developing a project plan to ensure compliance with all the agreed milestones.
- Tracking project status and periodically present to client project managers, internal stakeholders, and executives sponsor.
- Working with the client to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope or timeline.
- Managing client expectations and managing scope via change orders.