Do you love event planning, partnership building and making an impact in the nonprofit world? Then this position is for you.
Instrumentl is growing our team! This year, we’ve launched a series of free educational grant workshops for the nonprofit community. Executive directors, development directors, grant managers, and grant writers tune in to learn how to solve common challenges they often face while learning about ways to use our platform to accelerate their grantseeking process.
Instrumentl helps over 1,400 nonprofits from local homeless shelters to larger organizations like universities and hospitals. We help nonprofits and grant writers go from using tons of tools to just one tool for their discovery, tracking and management of grants, so that they can win more grants and save time.
We are hiring for a part-time contract Virtual Assistant / Webinar Coordinator to assist with operational and administrative tasks that allow us to expand our organization’s grant workshop impact. You’ll report directly to the Head of Growth.
We are fully distributed (read: no office!). For this position, we are looking for someone based in the continental US, but open as well to those flexible to Central Time standard working hours.
Our Virtual Assistant / Webinar Coordinator will not need to create or present original grantwriting content (our presenters do this).
What you’ll do:
- Actively promote upcoming events with our existing customers and prospects
- Expand our distribution by collaborating with existing affiliate partners and establishing new partnerships through both free and paid channels
- Effectively identify and build enduring relationships with local chapters of professional associations such as the AFP and GPA
- Develop and manage a calendar of highly educational grant workshops featuring at least two workshops every month.
- Identify, vet, and recruit grant seeking experts to join our partner program
- Conduct sound checks and dry runs with webinar presenters going over logistics and ensuring slides are properly formatted and distributed to registrants
- Schedule and approve social media posts on our company’s Facebook and LinkedIn pages
- Aggregate reports of webinar feedback to share with the Head of Growth and webinar presenter.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of work experience, preferably supporting in a similar operations role at a SaaS company.
- Tech savviness: you should feel highly comfortable with tools like G Suite, Zoom, Slack, Close.io and Canva. You know shortcuts like the back of your hand.
- Resourcefulness: you are comfortable figuring things out on your own once given general direction and parameters for guidance.
- Communication: You pride yourself on your ability to communicate complex topics easily over video and in writing.
- Excellence in execution: you do things right the first time, meet deadlines, stay organized and are known for being incredibly dependable.
- Friendly: You are warm and friendly, easy to work with and genuinely enjoy communicating with others
- Bonus: experience grant writing or in the nonprofit world
- Bonus: experience working remotely
- 20-30 hours per month. The ideal candidate has a flexible schedule that can accommodate our grant workshop needs week to week.
- $15-25/hour, depending on experience.
- Cover letter or 5-minute Loom video addressing:
- Your past experience related to the responsibilities of this job
- 3 traits and examples that make you an ideal candidate for this position
- What you would improve about our current grant workshops (you can see our past ones here)
- Include the word timberwolves in your proposal to show you read this from start to finish
- CV or resume
- Two references addressing your qualifications