Hours per week
12 - 16 hours per week
Research & Marketing Film Campaign Internship – Los Angeles, CA
Picture Motion interns assist in all aspects of our film’s social action and grassroots marketing campaigns. From social media to event logistics, to research and strategy, we are looking for someone interested in learning a range of skills to develop a social action campaign and market a film. Ideal candidates will be passionate about social change, film and the issues that our films tackle. Desired applicants must have demonstrated experience and interest in documentary film marketing, social media, social action/activism, nonprofit work or grassroots movement building. Previous experience in film marketing, social media, and/or PR is a plus.
Picture Motion works on films that deal with prison reform, income inequality, LGBT rights, education reform, religion, and race in America, and more. See the films section of our website picturemotion.com for a complete list.
Must be able to commit to 12 hours a week and enjoy start-up culture. This position starts asap.
Job duties vary, but may include:
- Research and campaign strategy development
- Maintaining Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr profiles
- Monitoring analytics for social media and reporting on trends
- Drafting and/or editing blogs and newsletters
- Support and logistics management of screening tours
- Research and outreach to potential partners and supporters
- General office support
- Enrolled in a University
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Enjoys start-up culture
- Must use social media regularly
You will learn the following:
- How to grow online and social media presence
- Pitching stories to bloggers
- Developing creative partnerships
- Film distribution strategies
- Self-distribution and self-marketing for filmmakers
- Impact measurement – how film creates change
How To Apply
To apply: For LA, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com In your cover letter, please clearly state why you are interested in the Picture Motion internship and what you hope to achieve by working with us.