Hours per week
3000 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Orr Associates, Inc. (OAI) is a group of dedicated fundraisers that works hand in hand with our partner organizations in the areas of development, strategy, event planning, and board management. We are looking for a full-time Development and Marketing Intern to assist our client teams and internal marketing team in their day-to-day work.
Who You Are:
· Proactive: You enjoy being busy and taking on new work. You’re not afraid to ask for a project that might seem daunting.
· Detail-oriented: While you thrive in fast-paced environments, you understand that the smallest aspects of a project are vital in producing quality work. Proof-reading, fact-checking, and sourcing work is second nature to you.
· Problem-solver: Surviving in the non-profit industry is an art, not a science. Whether it’s gathering data, rewriting a proposal, or researching industry trends, you are adamant about exploring all options for moving a client forward.
· Team player: You can work efficiently and collaboratively with other interns and employees to manufacture top-notch work. You are communicative, ensuring that all are informed in your work’s progress and any challenges that may arise.
· Adaptable: When change happens, you are flexible and can think on your feet. You like to learn new things and can learn them quickly. From education to social work, you have an interest in learning how non-profits garner support and sustain themselves.
What We Offer:
The Marriott Foundation. National Women’s History Museum. The Malala Fund. The Nationals Youth Baseball Academy.
These are just a few examples of the clients that OAI works with to grow their impact. As a member of our team, you are offered the opportunity to dive head-first into the infrastructure, research, and processes that drive revenue and growth at these nonprofits. In this role, you will help create and refine client deliverables that help nonprofits execute capital campaigns, fundraising events, and long-term strategic plans. Internally, you’ll work hand-in-hand with our marketing team to refine OAI’s online presence, both on our website and in social media, and to assist with submitting proposals to potential clients.
There is no typical day at OAI, but if there were, here are some of the tasks you might be doing:
· Gathering data on potential donors, peer non-profits, and charitable industries.
· Researching foundations to understand their strategic interest and soliciting potential.
· Supporting Associates in managing and tracking in donor databases.
· Preparing the first draft of client deliverables across all Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Assisting with mailings, client materials preparation, and special projects as assigned.
· Assisting the marketing team on a wide range of projects including:
- Social media engagement and monitoring client/prospect activities.
- Helping to create content, manage our content calendar, and post to social media.
- Assisting our Marketing Associate with proofreading marketing materials including proposals, presentations, and our newsletter.
- Researching industry-specific blogs and influencers.
· Supporting staff as they prepare for client events including galas, cultivation lunches, or board presentations.
· Other administrative and physical duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required to apply.
How To Apply
To land this gig, you need to have some experience helping others solve problems. It doesn’t need to be traditional customer service experience—internships, volunteer work, and side projects count! Describe your background in your resume and cover letter and tell us how it has prepared you for this role. Bachelor’s degree required to apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.