Climate and Clean Energy Internship - Winter/Spring 2019
- Internship posted by David Gardiner & Associates
*public transportation stipend provided
Hours per week
2101 Wilson Blvd
David Gardiner & Associates (DGA) offers a full-time internship program to undergraduates and graduate students. This is a competitive program that seeks qualified candidates with strong interest, education, or experience in climate, sustainability, and clean and renewable energy policy. This is an unpaid internship and is intended for the educational benefit of the intern.
DGA is a strategic adviser to organizations seeking a sustainable future. We deliver practical, innovative and tailored solutions for businesses and non-profits through planning and leadership, research and analysis, and communications. Our extensive energy and sustainability knowledge, strong relationships with key decision makers and opinion leaders, and laser focus on your objectives provide the solutions necessary for you to succeed. Our seasoned professionals provide unparalleled service, straightforward strategies, and premium and highly-regarded results.
The intern will participate with DGA staff and principals with projects on diverse climate and energy issues such as:
- Corporate sustainability
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy policy and financing
- Industrial energy efficiency and Combined Heat and Power
- Clean Air Act rules
- Energy policy and financing
- Climate change policy
- Electricity markets and regulation
The intern will work closely with all staff and principals to gain experience by attending meetings and briefings, performing research, attending relevant seminars, writing summaries, etc. We work with the intern to assign projects that will increase their knowledge in energy and climate issues while supporting their strengths and interests. Interns receive in-depth experience and exposure to DGA’s expertise and clients as they work with project supervisors who provide background information, clear direction, and feedback regarding the intern’s efforts.
DGA’s Internship Program goal is for the intern to have a high-quality learning experience in a business environment which will increase their knowledge and experience, bolster their professional resume, and benefit from being a dedicated member of the DGA team and networking opportunities made available throughout the internship.
The successful intern will possess the following qualities/skills:
- Strong academic and/or work experience in climate and energy policy and sustainability and a strong interest in and thirst-for-learning-more about the field.
- Enthusiasm for the process of finding solutions to climate and energy challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent and self-motivated worker; eager to ask questions
- Diligence in research and high attention to detail
- Values high-quality work and importance of deadlines
- Familiarity with the US political process
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and sense of humor
Internship dates: January 7, 2019 – May 3, 2019 (dates are flexible)
- public transportation stipend provided
Please submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com no later than October 26, 2018.
Early submission is highly recommended as applications are reviewed when they are received.
For more information about David Gardiner & Associates' work, visit http://www.dgardiner.com/ and http://alliance4industrialefficiency.org/, https://www.renewablethermal.org/, and https://cleanenergygrid.org/.
Monthly transportation stipend provided.