Hours per week
You’re energized by marketing and communications for good causes. You have an analytical mind, you’re a strong writer, and you thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’re as comfortable taking direction as you are self-teaching. You’re a hyper-organized, “can-do” person that gets oddly jazzed by effective workflow, and finding creative solutions to time, organizational, creative, or content challenges. You want to have a positive impact on the world around you.
As a member of Pyramid’s business development and marketing team, you’ll project manage our new business pipeline, develop, edit, proof, and distribute content, lead marketing research, and management of internal systems and tools. You’ll have the opportunity to work in email marketing, graphic design, or website management, as your experience and interest dictates.
Skill Development Opportunities
- Lead project management of Pyramid’s new business pipeline and marketing projects.
- Track and report on outcomes and data relative to our business.
- Conduct marketing and business development-related research.
- Draft new business proposal content and support new business pitching preparation.
- Draft, edit, and publish marketing content, including case studies of recent Pyramid work, blog posts, email marketing, and social media content.
- Research and report on sponsorship and speaking engagement opportunities for Pyramid staff.
- Manage Pyramid’s CRM database.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in both traditional AP style and new media formats.
- Familiarity with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software.
- Experience using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube for businesses.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Preferred, but not required:
Have experience in any of the following areas? We can further customize your internship experience based on your interests and qualifications.
- You’re also a designer in training who is:
- Experienced with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Interested in branding.
- You’re a whiz at email marketing who’s:
- Familiar with Emma or similar online marketing software.
- Able to track email metrics.
- You’re a content management master who is:
- Familiar with Drupal, WordPress, or similar.
- Knowledgeable in HTML/CSS.
- Adept in SEO best practices.
- Comfortable using Google Analytics.
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit at a desk for four or more hours per day and frequently lift and carry objects of up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.