Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks an intern to work with the Human Resources Team assisting with various tasks related to HR and recruitment functions. This paid internship is full-time (flexible), by mutual agreement, in our Times Square office in New York City. The internship is an ideal position to someone who wants to learn how to operate and thrive using HR methods in a busy organization of 70+ people.
· Assist the HR Team with administrative tasks such as; curating the Wellspring Jobs and Internship Outlook Accounts.
· Post all Wellspring Job Descriptions externally.
· Set up onboarding itineraries and send out calendar invitations to new hires’ calendars.
· Organizing data to reflect recruitment efforts.
· Prepare Welcome Packets for new hires.
· Coordinate with Receptionist/Office Managers to schedule interviews with the President and Vice President.
· Assist with logistics to ensure smooth recruitment, and onboarding processes.
· Perform other administrative and research duties, as requested.
· Assists with organizing/curating office events.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS
· Enrolled in Undergraduate Program, Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience required.
· Familiarity with, and commitment to, human rights and social justice issues.
· One or two years of administrative experience in a professional office environment coordinating basic projects, performing complex scheduling, writing correspondence, recruitment, onboarding, and other aspects of HR.
· Excellent English language writing, synthesizing, editing, and proofreading skills.
· Exceptional judgment and ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion.
· Ability to multi-task, adapt, meet deadlines, and work both independently and collaboratively.
· Initiative, creative, resourcefulness, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
· Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Learn firsthand Human Resources processes specifically pertaining to recruitment and onboarding functions of a grantmaking organization/philanthropy;
· Acquire a deeper understanding of the role philanthropic organizations play in promoting and advancing social justice and human rights;
· Develop and strengthen personal and professional skills in a workplace committed to the advancement of human rights.
· hourly position ($18/hour);
· flexible time schedule;
· weekly lunch series featuring Wellspring staff and expert outside speakers;
· opportunities to network with leading foundation staff through meetings, affinity group conferences, and events with other interns.
How To Apply
Applications should demonstrate strong research and writing talents, excellent communication skills and the ability to independently undertake various research, writing and administrative projects.
ü Send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Intern, HR Admin” in the subject line, and attach the following documents:
o a cover letter with a brief personal statement, and an outline of career goals and interests in human rights and social justice, as well as a note on your expected weekly availability in the Spring.
o a resume listing relevant courses, previous experience and special skills,
o one academic or professional reference; no personal references will be accepted, and
Complete applications must be received, not postmarked, by the deadline, November 9th, 2018.
The duration of this internship will be: December 10th, 2018 - May 25th, 2019 (flexible).
No phone calls, please.