Hours per week
131 Tremont St
Charles Group Consulting seeks energetic, bright, resourceful, and capable interns to assist our firm in providing exceptional service to our clients. Candidate should be highly motivated and have strong interpersonal skills. Interns will be assisting the firm in all aspects of government affairs consulting, and will have a unique opportunity to shadow our professional lobbyists at the Massachusetts State House. Interns will work closely with both legislators and clients to influence and negotiate favorable legislative outcomes.
- Assist with policy research and analysis
- Schedule meetings with policy makers and clients
- Attend committee hearings, meetings and legislative events on behalf of CGC
- Draft letters, action alerts, and other written communication
- Assist in organizing grassroots advocacy
- Conduct policy analysis and track legislation for clients
- Use company databases
- Complete light administrative work
- Highly positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Interest in politics and/or policy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with strong working knowledge of Word and Excel
Knowledge of Massachusetts legislature and or politics preferred
Salary: Unpaid, will work with colleges and universities who offer credit for internships or field placements
Hours: Start and end date flexible. Looking for positions to be filled for winter, spring, and summer.
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Charlotte Boghossian at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate whether your application is for winter, spring, or summer.