Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. With offices in Washington, DC and New York, NY, Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
• Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential, and should be accountable to these ends
• The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected
• Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals, and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance
• As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments
For more information on Wellspring Philanthropic Fund, please visit www.wpfund.org
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund (WPF) is seeking to hire five skilled, professional Administrative Assistants. Three of the Assistants will work in and support program teams in our NY office and two will work in and support program teams in our DC office. Each Administrative Assistant will support between two and three Program Teams (each consisting of 2-8 team members). The Administrative Assistants will report to the Deputy Director of Human Resources and Administration and the Program Directors. Ideal candidates will share the passion for Wellspring’s mission to support the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people.
• Handle tasks related to coordinating meetings and convenings, including reserving rooms for meetings, following WPF guidelines for hosting events/meetings; producing materials for participants; making travel and other logistical arrangements, and providing support with meeting set up including coordinating tech needs, etc.
• Assist team members with travel arrangements, signing up for webinars, trainings, etc.
• Provide support with travel security related protocol and tasks.
• Maintain the calendar/schedule of two to three program teams. Coordinate the scheduling of team meetings and events and update the team members’ calendars accordingly.
• Assist with consultant/vendor contracts and expense reports as needed.
• Coordinate calls and meetings and assist with the development of materials for program education efforts, such as for conferences, affinity groups and more.
• Support program teams in data and information management including data entry, data integrity, and electronic document filing and storage.
• Provide support with team workflow by staying abreast of organization wide deadlines and deliverables and updating calendars accordingly.
• When necessary, take notes in meetings and produce timely, accurate, and concise summaries.
• Assist in the preparation and proofreading of department reports.
• Participate in WPF-wide learning activities.
• Participate with other staff on internal Wellspring Workplace Groups to help contribute to the health and vibrancy of WPF’s cross-departmental work to ensure that our organizational development is aligned with our values.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of four years’ experience working as an administrative assistant, supporting numerous staff with competing priorities, or a relevant position.
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate amongst various team dynamics
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
• Ability to handle confidential client information with complete discretion.
• Ability to multi-task, work well under competing priorities and timeframes to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
• Demonstrated willingness to learn and be open to new ideas.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications and familiarity with productivity applications such as Asana and Box. Comfort with databases (and grants management databases in particular) a plus.
• Understands and values social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle.
• Personally committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Understands and embodies Wellspring values (https://wpfund.org/about-us/), including humility and teamwork.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range of $65,000 to $72,000 commensurate with experience.
Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners, and qualified family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including life insurance, long‐term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer match), support for continuing education, up to $5,250 in annual student loan repayment or college savings assistance for qualified dependents and is committed to providing transgender‐inclusive healthcare.
HOW TO APPLY
For employment consideration, please submit ‘application’ to firstname.lastname@example.org at Atrium Staffing with the subject line “[Your name] – WPF Administrative Assistant”. All applications must include:
• a resumé (PDF);
• a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity and minimum salary requirements
WELLSPRING’S INSTITUTIONAL CULTURE OF RESPECT, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND BELONGING
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund believes we are strengthened by the diversity of our staff, and welcomes such diversity including race, gender identity or expression, educational attainment, disability, veteran status, and personal experience with the criminal justice system. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we strongly encourage people of color and persons with disabilities to apply. We actively cultivate an institutional culture that reflects the values of respect, equity and inclusion that we seek through our work to amplify in the larger world.
Wellspring hires, promotes, and retains employees based on their professional qualifications, demonstrated abilities and work performance, as well as the degree to which these qualities are required in the employment positions made available by the Foundations’ service needs and business requirements. All personnel decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge, are made without discrimination based on any protected characteristic as defined by law (e.g., race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and prior criminal convictions, as well as educational attainment.)
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. With offices in Washington, DC and New York, NY…