720 Bathurst Street
Who we are
We are a fast-growing digital transformation firm (and Certified B Corp) with big dreams for the future of philanthropy. Our diverse and close-knit team of 16 techies and do-gooders work closely with foundations to help them unlock the full potential of their processes, teams, and technology so that they can do more good - even better.
We’ve worked with some of the world’s largest foundations, including the Nathan Cummings Foundation, McConnell Foundation, and Community Foundations of Canada.
How we work:
We’re an ideal match if you seek autonomy, mastery, and purpose in your work. We take pride in our non-hierarchical work culture, where learning trumps ego. Active learning, self-management, and emotional maturity are core to how we do meaningful work together.
We live our values by designing a digitally and socially engaged workplace where policies are transparent, team members are empowered to make decisions about areas that affect them, and digital tools enable us to do our best work. This allows our team to have flexible hours and work remotely; we trust each other to be accountable and to get stuff done.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated tech specialist who is equally adept at communicating with computers as you are at communicating with people. You might be great at programming APIs, system administration, software deployment, or data wrangling... but your hidden talent is championing the user’s voice and explaining technology in simple terms.
What you’ll do
At GrantBook, you’ll recommend, integrate, and implement different cloud solutions for grants management, customer relationship management, and related functional areas that meet our foundation clients’ needs. You’ll work closely in cross-functional teams of 2-4, taking ownership over the technical details and integration work.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Use REST Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and middleware tools like Zapier and Workato to build integrations between cloud software tools so that information flows seamlessly between platforms and workflows
- Test and prototype cloud software systems to create innovative, lightweight and highly integrated grants management and impact reporting solutions
- Work closely with project managers to serve as the technical lead on the implementation, integration, and deployment of cloud software tools for clients. This work may include:
- Implementing, integrating, and deploying cloud software tools
- Data migrations and other data-related support as needed, including data audits, cleansing, deduplication, and field mapping
- Testing to ensure that each client’s grantee and reviewer portal and backend grants management and impact reporting solutions are functioning as intended
- Supporting current-state audits and solution comparisons by gathering and documenting functional requirements for new grantmaking systems and processes
- Providing ranked criteria analysis and presenting consulting recommendations to clients
- Continuous testing, deployment and support of new features and changes to ensure systems are available and functioning for staff as intended
- Contribute to Grantbook’s internal innovation projects, which may involve:
- Maintaining our open-source API and related projects
- Applying your developer’s mindset to come up with new and better ways to integrate the data and tools that our clients rely on
- Produce and share client-specific training and documentation, including on-site training, video tutorials, and blog posts about technology best practices
- Monitor technology adoption and provide enhancements as needed
- Provide feedback and help enhance GrantBook’s overall operations
- Support GrantBook’s marketing and sales efforts
- Have fun, work as a team, and "get it done"
- Contribute to service innovation and development
- Share your knowledge with the rest of our team
- Co-create your own personal and professional development plan
- Prior experience working with REST Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and middleware tools such as Workato or Zapier preferred
- Understanding of Agile development and Scrum practices
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL database design and interaction
- Strong interest in developing an expertise in configuring and understanding grants management systems, such as Fluxx, Foundant, SurveyMonkey Apply, FoundationConnect, Salesforce and SmartSimple
- Self-organizer and problem-solver, prepared to meet tight deadlines across multiple projects
- Able to translate technical information into plain English
- Strong interest in a career in professional services (encompassing process, technology, people consulting) and the philanthropic sector serving various foundations and nonprofit organizations
- You are user-centric, with an intuition for understanding the user’s needs and wants, and building with their skills and perspectives in mind
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
How you’ll benefit
Salary & Benefits
You can expect annual compensation in the range of $57,500 - $74,750, including 4 weeks of paid vacation and a comprehensive benefits package. In addition, all team members at GrantBook participate equally in the employee profit-sharing bonus pool created from 33% of earnings from the previous year. For more information, view our Careers website.
Career & Professional Development
Although we’ve listed concrete responsibilities here, as a growing organization there are continual opportunities to learn and grow new kinds of work, whether it is developing a new skill set or bringing a new product/service offering to market. You, along with the rest of our team, will be key to driving our work forward.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Fluent
Minimum Education Required