District of Columbia
Location: Consultants will deploy to Beni, DRC Kinshasa
This is an 8+ week consultant position (should be prepared to be extended for a longer period upon request).
- Provide technical support to the Ebola response in Beni on OFDA's behalf
- Immediate deployment to Kinshasa within 7 days, with forward deployment to Beni after team consultations
- Ability to move in the region, considering evolving hotspots
- Must be fluent in French
Qualifications for a Contractor in Beni
- Strong technical background in infectious disease that includes Ebola response experience
- Previous humanitarian coordination experience, particularly Health or WASH clusters
- Should have some epidemiology background (previous outbreak response)
- Provide technical assistance and analysis in terms of coordination, health, and epidemiological issues on behalf of USAID.
- Ensure greater range of technical and coordination data and information from Beni is shared with USAID team in Kinshasa in real-time to facilitate analysis and response planning
- Ensure USAID team is aware of all data points, information is transmitted from Beni by the existing coordination structures.
- Monitor and report on issues of concern—such as payment of health care workers, contact tracing coverage, etc—within the response to provide real time input for decision making.
- Assist with humanitarian coordination of International NGOs funded by USAID.
Consultants will report directly to and take technical direction from the USAID/OFDA team in Kinshasa.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required