Full Time Temporary Contract
270 Strategies and a local client are launching a campaign to build community support for renewable energy. This program will hire Field Organizers in districts across the country to develop relationships with community leaders and partner organizations, plan events, and recruit and manage volunteers in order to generate support for renewable energy projects.
We are seeking an experienced Field Organizer to recruit and lead a team of volunteers in targeted districts to mobilize concerned constituents at public meetings and community events. Organizers will also launch events in support of the field operations and build relationships with local community groups and stakeholders. Organizers report directly to their Field Director.
This position will be based in Iowa, and requires evening and weekend hours.
- Building and tracking relationships with community leaders
- Building relationships and coordinating with local partner organizations
- Working directly with the Field Director to ensure that goals are met
- Managing local social media engagement and reporting
- Building reports tracking on-the-ground and online engagement
- Maintaining the highest regard for data integrity
- Training, recruiting, and managing volunteers
- Planning community events (town halls, forums, office visits)
- Mobilize constituent meetings with elected officials
- Hold media events to highlight the impact of pollution
- Previous community organizing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing staff and strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in environmental issues i.e. Climate change, renewable energy
- Eagerness to contribute new ideas
Interested Applicants should apply at: https://jobs.lever.co/270strategies/46eaba33-4c07-42f6-999d-d1eeefce9534
ABOUT 270 STRATEGIES:
270 Strategies is a next-generation grassroots firm that is redefining how companies and organizations build winning campaigns and achieve big things. Unlike traditional consulting firms that focus exclusively on marketing, 270 strategies believes effective, 21st century campaigns must integrate people-centered, grassroots organizing with smart digital strategies and a data-driven approach. The 270 team uses the lesson learned after years of leading the Obama organization to help clients connect with key constituencies, design innovative programs, and put their ideas into action.
270 Strategies is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to clients and constituents. 270 Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
Minimum Education Required