2864 North Milwaukee Avenue
Greater Good Studio seeks a talented Operations Manager to join our team!
At Greater Good Studio, we design programs and services to address some of society’s toughest challenges. From early literacy and child nutrition, to veterans housing and tenants’ rights, our projects tackle issues of health, education, poverty and injustice head-on. We believe that the best way to empower clients and communities is to put the design process in their hands, and the best way to create impact is to craft deeply respectful, empathic and user-centered tools and experiences.
The Role: In this role, you will maintain the day-to-day operations of our company, as well as manage the coworking space we operate. Along with providing administrative, financial, and human resources support for our small, mission-driven design firm, you’ll have the opportunity to foster a friendly and productive working environment for the variety of talented entrepreneurs who share our space.
To be a good match, you should possess exceptional organizational and communication skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks within a flexible and efficient workflow. You should be community oriented and comfortable engaging with a wide variety of people and their needs. In addition to managing day-to-day activities, you should be open to continued learning and reflection, and have an innovative eye for proactively solving problems.
Human Resources and Talent
- Facilitate communications with external partners and professional networks
- Manage employee benefits
- Encourage our company’s flexible work environment and supportive culture
- Facilitate the talent recruitment and hiring process
- Assist with onboarding new employees and contractors
- Manage our internship program
- Assist with strategizing and facilitating the company’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
Finance and Administration
- Track monthly expenses, project budgets, and cash flow
- Manage employee and contractor payroll
- Renew company insurance policies and subscriptions
- Manage and pay company bills
- Manage monthly Logan Share invoicing and rent collection
- Coordinate additional financial tasks with our accountant Manage team calendars, book meetings and travel
- Facilitate catering and assist with meetings setup, agendas, and cleanup
- Coordinate client contracts
- Manage company equipment and technology, including cameras, hardware, and software
- Order and restock office/bathroom/kitchen supplies
- Manage shipping, receiving, mail, and mailing lists
- Facilitate access to the building, workstations, and company resources
- Manage relationships with landlord, cleaning, maintenance, waste services, and other vendors
- Contribute to Greater Good Studio’s social media presence
- Provide coworking/studio members with clear and open communication
- Facilitate coworking/studio community meetings, and clarify, enact, and reform rental policies as needed
- Attract new renters through promotional efforts and facilitate new renter orientation
- Promote a positive, friendly coworking culture
- Proactively create a functional and welcoming work environment for members of coworking space and their clients
- Support client relationships and communication
Greater Good Studio is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, family responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We believe diversity is a strength and strategy for powerful and creative leadership.
Minimum Education Required