WHO ARE WE?
Motivated by a deep belief in the power of effective teams, Building For Mission (BFM) is a start-up People and Organization Development Consulting company based in DC that partners with organizations and individuals around the globe to build effective talent strategies, systems, and practices that reflect a deep value for race, equity, diversity and inclusiveness (REDI). We specialize in strategic planning, organization development, human resources, facilitation and coaching across mission-driven sectors. To learn more about BFM, please visit: www.buildingformission.com
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Building For Mission currently has a consultancy arm and a training and facilitation arm. We are seeking an exceptional human being to lead the consultancy. The Chief Talent Consultant will be responsible for managing the team that supports all of the talent consultant engagements at BFM. Our consultancy provides dynamic and customized support across a broad range of talent and organizational development (OD) needs for individuals, staff, senior leadership, and boards. The Chief Talent Consultant will report to the CEO, collaborate closely with the Chief Learning Consultant, and manage a team of 2-3 consultants as well as several affiliate consultants, as needed.
The salary for this role will be between $130,000 and $150,000 based on experience.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Do you believe that people are the world’s greatest asset and that everyone can grow?
- Do you believe that organizations can reach their potential if they understand our country’s history and current manifestations of racism and oppression and actively work to undo them?
- Do you believe that organizations are most effective when they identify, invest in, and resource exceptional talent?
- Do you possess rich experience in and the ability to achieve outcomes in HR, OD & REDI?
- Are you a great manager? (Come on now, for real?!?!?)
- Are you an organized person who is able to thrive in ambiguity and create clarity?
- Are you a kind person who works well with others and genuinely enjoys learning and growing?
- Do you want to do good work with good people and have fun?
If you check these boxes, apply here!!! Read on for more information...
The Chief Talent Consultant will be able to make impact in 4 key areas:
- Lead the design and creation of talent content, organizational development/change management content, and build talent strategy framework
- Build BFM’s Talent infrastructure including frameworks, tools, and services
- Build on Predictive Index knowledge and frameworks and integrate into BFM Talent model and practices
- Stay abreast of industry best practices related to talent management
- Provide strategy, HR, OD, and REDI consulting with the ability to analyze a company’s current HR and REDI practices and recommend solutions
- Design and carry out research and data collection via surveys, interviews, or focus groups with the ability to analyze and report on results
- Lead quantitative and qualitative analyses on the development of specific solutions to support talent transformation efforts
- Manage and deliver consulting services for multiple clients, often in a project lead role working with other BFM team members
- Make recommendations for improving organizational strategy, structure, human capital, and management practices internally and externally
- Design and facilitate interactive trainings leveraging Adult Learning Theory for learning sessions for small and large high-visibility engagements
- Provide coaching and counsel to senior leader clients
- Contribute to continuous learning efforts through evaluation, reflection, and analysis leading to refinement and codification of our methods and materials
- Build trusting relationships with clients at all levels, provide thought partnership, meet agreed-upon milestones, and keep them informed of progress
- Oversee client relationships & quality experience
- Develop business proposals
- Leverage your network, as appropriate, along with identifying, building, and cultivating new partnerships
- Identify creative opportunities to advance our services
- Coach and develop a high-performing team of consultants and affiliates
- Strengthen culture by modeling collaboration, operating with integrity, demonstrating a strong work ethic, an openness to learn and grow, flexibility, and kindness
- Work effectively and creatively in a largely virtual environment
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
We are seeking candidates with the following capabilities:
- HR, Talent, and OD know-how: You have knowledge and experience in talent management, leadership development, and organizational development, and/or related areas.
- Partnership/Business Development: You are able to identify and build connections with new partners, assess partner needs and interests, and propose mutually beneficial solutions.
- Strategic thinking and communication: You see context and hold a strategic perspective that you can communicate clearly verbally and in print and in multiple outlets.
- People Management: You have experience managing and leading people.
- Project Management: You can integrate innovative talent practices in organizations and have managed projects and budgets effectively.
- Written Communication and Presentation skills: You are a strong writer, speaker, and facilitator, skilled in organizing thoughts and ideas in ways that are clear and client-centered. You also are excellent at designing visually appealing presentations and reports.
- An Intersectional and REDI Analysis: You are skilled in understanding and surfacing for others how race and identity influence practices, policies, and organizational outcomes and how to implement antiracist practices.
- Relationship Cultivation: You listen for what matters, quickly develop rapport, earn the respect and trust of others, and can guide clients to collaborate and act on decisions and recommendations.
- Engaging Conflict: You step into conflicts, viewing tensions across differences as opportunities to get to enduring and authentic solutions, and you can facilitate in conflictual situations.
- Growth Mindset: You believe in the human capacity for learning and growth in a way that drives personal learning and client engagement.
PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE:
We believe it is helpful to share our general idea of the profile of a person who might be competitive for this role, which you can see below. However, we invest in potential and believe that competitive Chief Talent Consultants could possess a variety of diverse professional backgrounds. So, if you believe you are a great match for this role, whether or not these elements are true for you, we encourage you to apply!
- 8+ years of consulting in the areas of organizational and/or people development
- 8+ years of Talent Strategy/HR and project management experience
- 5+ years of experience leading, managing and developing people and teams
- 3+ years of executive coaching experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and/or comparable skills, certifications, or experiences
- Apply directly on the Building For Mission website or click here.
- Include an updated resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States but candidates must be willing to travel for in-person client and team engagement. (In-person engagements have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, language, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including those who have been formerly incarcerated, those who live with a disability, and parents.