129 20th Street
About Us: Charter Technology Solutions is a niche Managed Services Provider in the K-12 education sector. We are the preeminent IT services provider to the fast growing Charter School movement in New York City and beyond. We are located in Brooklyn, NY. Learn more about us at www.charterts.com
Summary: We are actively seeking a Client Manager (CM) to serve as the primary contact and relationship manager between our firm and many of our customers in the K-12 education market. In this role you will work with school Principals and other leaders to set and direct technology budgets, provide sound advice on all aspects of technology, resolve service concerns and manage IT projects.
The CM must have exceptional communication, customer service and relationship building skills. The successful CM will come to care deeply about the customers they are entrusted with, get to know and understand the challenges of the customer base and expertly use all resources at their disposal to facilitate customer success. Being comfortable with technology in general and some experience with project management, finance and accounting are all very helpful.
The Client Manager must be able to multi-task, communicate well and promptly with customers and team members. You should be a shining example of organizational and communication greatness on a team of people who already have superior communication and organizational skills.
Client Managers must demonstrate a sense of urgency in dealing with critical issues, and have the capability to corral the right people around him/her to deliver solutions. The successful candidate will possess a deep emotional intelligence and the ability to emphatically relate to individuals in high stress situations.
Hours and Location: This is a full-time position. The position is based at our Brooklyn, NY office. Frequent local travel throughout NYC and occasional regional travel are expected.
Compensation and Benefits: We award our employees based on merit. This includes financial incentives on top of competitive base pay, paid vacation, sick and personal days and holidays. The company offers fully paid medical, dental and vision plans to all employees. Tuition reimbursement for relevant training courses will be provided.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in School Operations or Technology required. Prior experience in Information Technology or Service Management is also a plus.
- 2+ years prior Project Management experience is preferred
- Basic understanding of school technology operations is required
- Demonstrably superior writing and oral communication skills
- Very strong Microsoft Office or Google Apps skills, especially Excel / Sheets, are required
- Meticulous, even excessive attention to detail
- Impeccable organization skills both with physical items and virtual data are required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with clear sense of ownership and priority
Bonus, paid vacation, sick and personal days and holidays. The company offers fully paid medical, dental and vision plans to all employees. Tuition reimbursement for relevant training courses will be provided.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - spoken and written
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Carefully read these instructions, and apply according to the guidance provided below. Applications that do not strictly conform to the specifications below will be automatically discarded.
- Respond to this ad with “K-12 Client Manager 2018” in the subject line
- Attach a copy of your resume (in Word or PDF format) to your message. Resumes pasted into the body of the message will not be reviewed.
- In the body of your message or in a Cover Letter, write a brief description of your talents and your ambitions. This is your opportunity to tell us why you'd be the best person for this job. Simply submitting your resume is not enough: you must demonstrate your aptitude and your motivation. Submissions without a cover letter do not get reviewed.
- Note your annual salary requirements in the body of the email. You must provide a specific number ; the word "negotiable" is not an acceptable substitute, nor is an hourly rate. This position is full time only. Applications that omit annual salary requirements will not be reviewed, regardless of their other strengths.
Charter Technology Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Charter Technology Solutions (CTS) is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. CTS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.