Whole Whale, a digital agency that works with nonprofits, is looking for a Paid Search Whaler to join our growing team. This person will work within our Digital Marketing team to help our clients build their audiences and spark meaningful online engagement. This is a part-time, paid position (~2 days a week). Whole Whale is based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, New York.
We believe in the power of digital advertising to increase the impact of nonprofit and social good organizations - we’ve spent over $10 million on digital advertising, and even created an online course about it. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the work our clients are doing and is excited about using search advertising campaigns to increase the impacts of these organizations.
- Plan and execute paid search campaigns for our nonprofit client accounts
- Manage keyword lists, keyword bids, and daily campaign budgets
- Conduct keyword research to identify new content and campaign opportunities
- Write, test, and optimize compelling and creative ad copy
- Continuously find ways to optimize campaigns to drive even greater impact and. You are never satisfied with flat lines on graphs.
- Use Google Analytics to analyze and report on digital ad spend and ROI
- Report on account performance to account managers and clients and proactively communicate progress
- Continuously improve the Whole Whale approach to advertising by researching new strategies, compiling research to inform our targeting, revising and building our internal ad system, and finding new tools to help us improve our reporting
- Experience with Google AdWords (experience with the Google Grant a plus)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Ability to find and clearly communicate meaningful insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Serious attention to detail
- Experience with SEO and content marketing a plus
- Experience with social media advertising a plus
- Passionate about social causes
Send a cover letter and resume to Ali, WW’s Digital Advertising Whaler, at email@example.com with the subject line “I <3 marketing for good”. In your cover letter, please answer on these questions:
- What nonprofit or social impact organization do you care deeply about, and what is one approach to digital advertising you’d love to see them use?
- What is your existing experience with digital advertising? Be specific - what campaigns have you run and what kind of results did you see?
Minimum Education Required