Details: $10-$15 per hour based on experience and availablity of funds
Group Leaders are responsible for the safety and well-being of the Play Captains (teens ages 15-19) on their team and will be responsible for being onsite with the Play Captains (min 2 teens, max 3 teens) Tues, Wed & Thursday from 4-6pm. They will also be responsible for helping to identify age-appropriate activities to share with and teach the Play Captains so they can then facilitate the activity at the early childhood education center. All of the early childhood centers are located in West Philadelphia.
Successful candidate have/are:
· experience working with children ages 6mo-11 years old
· understanding of childhood development, especially early childhood and school-aged children
· experience supporting and supervising small groups of teens in the workplace;
· experience developing & facilitating age-appropriate activities;
· excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally;
· excellent attendance;
· able to work independently AND on a team;
· able to serve as a positive role model; and
· problem-solver, enjoys thinking of new ways to do things.
· Able to get around Philadelphia independently (has reliable transportation/able to use public transportation);
· Able to respond to emails within 24 hours (access to Wi-Fi);
· Has reliable phone service, able to send/receive text messages
· Preferred AA degree (or equivalent): liberal arts, early childhood education, leadership, or another related field.
We utilize the DYCD Core Competencies for Youth Worker for assessing and supporting staff.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required