Bloc Delivery is an online ordering and e-bike delivery service empowering customers to shop locally for their everyday needs. To achieve the mission of helping local businesses thrive against big-box and online retailers, as well as transforming last mile delivery, we have great relationships with dozens of local businesses whom we serve. The Local Business Liaison is the key person recruiting, onboarding and maintaining the relationships with these amazing shops and their owners and employees, and ensuring that Bloc is augmenting their business. Thee stores reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, so the Local Business liaison must be comfortable working with many different folks of all different backgrounds in many different types of communities, from suburban to urban.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research: Deeply understand demographics, geography and economic challenges and opportunities of neighborhoods and neighborhood dynamics which Bloc serves. This includes regular physical presence in neighborhoods. Analyze potential new Shops for recruiting to offer a diverse product and business platform on Bloc. Ensure diverse gender and racial representation of ownership of Shops in Bloc delivery zones.
- Recruit: Recruit new shops in Bloc delivery zip codes to be on the Bloc platform. This may include cold calls, emails, visits to stores.
- Onboard: Create onboarding and training materials for new Shops, and be willing to spend time in a hands-on approach with Shop owners to put products on the website, negotiate and execute contractual agreement between Bloc and Shop, take photos of products if necessary, and work with web team to ensure inventory is correctly uploaded to the website.
- Promote: Work with marketing and social media team to ensure strong and diverse representation of Shops in Bloc outreach efforts.
- Maintain: Regularly check in with existing Shops to understand successes and challenges of Bloc service, communicating issues to operations and marketing teams. Monitor sales for Shops and offer insights for improvement.
- Report: Regularly report on sales and promotions for each Shop to the Shop and to the Bloc Team.
- Document: Create processes for all of the above, and document these processes to prepare for scalability to further geography in Philadelphia and beyond.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ professional experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong organizational skills while adapting to changes in the work environment.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Proficiency with computers and the ability to learn new software.
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, Microsoft Applications, Google Applications, and ability to learn new software.
- Valid driver’s license and current driving record that meets our insurability requirements.
- Fluency in Spanish or Chinese a plus.
- Ability to problem solve and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility for working in a startup, high growth organization..
- Outgoing personality that thrives on meeting new and diverse people in many different environments.
- Ability to learn about new neighborhoods and geographies in depth.
- Sense of humor.
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance to meetings in a virtual and flexible environment.
- Repetitive motion required of the wrists, hands, or fingers occasionally throughout the workday.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone and/or computer throughout the workday.
- This is a full-time position. Hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D