Account Director, Philanthropy
Los Angeles, CA
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for non-profit organizations, advocacy groups, philanthropic foundations and corporate clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. Our communications experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help change makers maximize the impact of their work.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and San Francisco, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
This job will be remote for the duration of Shelter in Place policies due to Covid, then back to our offices with some work from home flexibility.
Fenton seeks an Account Director in their LA office. They are responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned accounts, including developing and executing strategies and tactics, managing budgets and serving as a key client liaison. They supervise team members servicing each account and also contribute to the identification, cultivation and support of new business.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Overseeing staff in developing and executing advanced public relations campaign strategies and tactics
· Contributing to setting the best practices for success measurement on accounts
· Providing day-to-day supervision for assigned client accounts
· Managing client relations
· Managing media campaigns for multiple mid-sized clients – including the design of long-term creative communication campaigns
· Editing press materials, including press releases, fact sheets and opinion pieces
· Providing strategic guidance to job teams to ensure quality of produced work
· Providing status reports on progress towards client goals to Vice President, Senior Vice President or Managing Director
· Overseeing the creation of monthly status reports to clients – including budget updates
· Playing a leadership role in writing contracts, grant proposals, high level strategy memos, and foundation reports
· Advising and editing research reports
· Pitching key reporters, prospective funders, and potential allies
· Conducting trainings for clients such as media training, storytelling, etc.
· Overseeing development of messaging platforms including drafting content
· Working with creative teams on the development of branding projects
· Managing client budgets for profitability and preventing overages
· Securing new business with support from Vice President, Senior Vice President, Managing Director or CEO which encompasses:
o Independently identifying new business prospects
o Cultivating prospects in the pipeline
o Taking a lead on proposals or major components
o Pitching/presenting proposals along with senior team members
· Directly supervise, train and mentor junior staff members, delegating appropriate tasks to junior staff in a collaborative manner
· Acting as a model of good citizenship
· Attending regular staff and team meetings – providing input and feedback on business improvement, including client service staff development, and office procedures
· Minimum Bachelors’ degree
· 5-7 years’ experience in leading communication strategies for foundations
· Demonstrated knowledge of standards, principles, and techniques of public relations, communications and social activism
· Prior experience managing project budgets
· Demonstrated ability to manage client accounts
· Demonstrated ability to design a long-term creative communications campaign
· Developing networks of business and political contacts
· Excellent news and political savviness
· Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Keynote), LexisNexis, and Internet research skills
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively – both verbal and nonverbal, with various levels of staff, clients, contractors and media
· Demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism and flexibility in approach to project assignments
· Ability to interact and meet client and team expectations in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
· Knowledge of one of more of Fenton’s issue areas
· Extensive knowledge of traditional news and digital media
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.
Account Director, Philanthropy
Los Angeles, CA
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue…
Fenton offers a comprehensive benefits package that aligns with our progressive values, such as medical, dental and vision coverage with competitive employer premium contributions, 401k Retirement plan with corporate match, profit sharing plan, generous PTO, days off to volunteer and strong company culture embedded with our values and commitment to social justice.
Fenton offers a comprehensive benefits package that aligns with our progressive values, such as medical, dental and vision coverage with competitive employer premium…