2001 Addison Street
Public interest attorney, policy advocate, and local government official is seeking a full-time or part-time legal and policy assistant.
The Legal and Policy Assistant will support the legal, policy, and public outreach work of the law office, including workers’ rights, health insurance, and consumer protection matters, and policy areas including energy and climate change, water, and public health.
- Administrative functions, including scheduling client meetings and managing calendars, assisting with mailings, correspondence, telephone reception, website and digital marketing. Scanning documents into paperless document management system.
- Project and case management, including assist in legal and policy research, writing research reports, tracking cases and assisting with document preparation, managing interns, and special event planning.
- Community outreach and organizing.
Qualifications The successful candidate for this position will have the following characteristics:
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Manage time well with competing priorities
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter; able to work independently and collaboratively
- Interest and/or familiarity with law and/or policy issues.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
- An experienced college student or bachelor’s degree
- Strong office skills – proficiency with office tools and technology, particularly Microsoft Office, cloud storage, etc.
- Knowledge of or previous experience in law, public policy, or community organizing is a plus
This paid position is full-time or part-time, 20-40 hours per week, and based in downtown Berkeley.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to LawOfficePosition@sonic.net